Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASR ? for M6 guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ASR ? for M6 guys

I'm going to try to get to the track this weekend, wanted some input on takeoff.

I think I read on here about guys taking off with ASR on, then turning it off before the 1-2 shift. What do you guys do to get the best traction on takeoff and through the gear shifts?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

No no no, do NOT use the ASR, you'll get a low traction light most likely and it'll just slow you down. Just launch from anywhere from 1500-2500 (i'd suggest 1800-2000, minimal spin with decent acceleration) and slip the clutch out, don't dump it though, it doesn't work as well as if you let it out gradually. Good luck!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by titaniumSS
No no no, do NOT use the ASR, you'll get a low traction light most likely and it'll just slow you down. Just launch from anywhere from 1500-2500 (i'd suggest 1800-2000, minimal spin with decent acceleration) and slip the clutch out, don't dump it though, it doesn't work as well as if you let it out gradually. Good luck!
Thanks, that's what I always thought until I read someone say they used ASR to keep the wheels from spinning out of the hole. A couple people agreed with him, wish I would've bookmarked the thread.