Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is motor purging bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is motor purging bad?

Hey guys, I was just sittin here thinkin about my new setup and all, and was wondering if it's bad to motor purge if ur spraying a big shot (200+ hp).

Cuz I have a purge, but if I don't motor purge twice, it falls on it's face and then slowly builds up!! But when I motor purge, she flies right off the bat!!! I was only spraying a 100 shot on the stock bottom, but now i'm gonna be spraying 200 - 300 on the new built motor and just wanted to know if it was still ok to motor purge a couple times before staging with that big of a shot. Let me know what you guys think, I appreciate any and all help, TIA!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:28 PM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

I haven't had any problems purging intot hte motor at all. Mine is a single shot getting around 180 or so to the wheels. Should be alot more but i richened up the tune for the upper rpms. I wouldn't hold it long or anythng, but a quick pop once or twice shouldn't hurt anything. people have been doing it for years.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WOT
I haven't had any problems purging intot hte motor at all. Mine is a single shot getting around 180 or so to the wheels. Should be alot more but i richened up the tune for the upper rpms. I wouldn't hold it long or anythng, but a quick pop once or twice shouldn't hurt anything. people have been doing it for years.
Cool, just wanted to make sure, I bring it to 3000 rpm, then quick pop to wot, let it come down and then do it again, and then i'm usually good to go!!! Thanks for the reassurance dude!!! Anyone else have any comments or experience?
Old 04-30-2005, 11:19 AM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

it's easier if you wire in a momentary boom button like a purge switch then bring it up to rpm and pop the button.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:08 PM
9 Second Club

The nitrous forum might be better for that ?.Those guys really now there ****.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
The nitrous forum might be better for that ?.Those guys really now there ****.
Aight cool, i'll post it up over there too, thanks!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Purging into the engine is a must. That get both the fuel and n2o all the way to the solenoids. The best way to accoplish this is like 68maro said with a momentary button and then bring engine up to about 3500 and "thumb" the kit or kits. With our cars here at HPE for example we have several with D.P. set ups jetted for 350 hp and when we purge those it is a pretty loud bang. It is always funny to watch peoples reaction when they hear it.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GoldRust
Purging into the engine is a must. That get both the fuel and n2o all the way to the solenoids. The best way to accoplish this is like 68maro said with a momentary button and then bring engine up to about 3500 and "thumb" the kit or kits. With our cars here at HPE for example we have several with D.P. set ups jetted for 350 hp and when we purge those it is a pretty loud bang. It is always funny to watch peoples reaction when they hear it.
So it's ok to run a switch like that, I mean it's ok to have it hit when ur not at wot? I always thought that would be a bad thing, but I could be wrong! Also, i've never seen a motor purge done from a switch, so I have no clue what ur talkin about with the bang, elaborate a little, thanks!!!

PS - The plan is to have a direct port jetted for a 300 shot, temporarily till I get the direct port, it's gonna be a 200 from my tnt wet kit. Or I may keep the tnt kit on the car and come off on a 100 shot and then add in like a 250 from the direct port also in first gear, depends on how the car is hookin, if she'll hook the entire thing off the line i'll use just the direct port, if not then i'll probably hit smaller from the tnt and then add in from the direct port.