Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Since the search feature is down.. Wheel ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Since the search feature is down.. Wheel ?'s

I have a set of 15x10 w/ 7.5 BS Pro Stars. With my wilwood calipers(HD drag brake kit), with some slight grinding on them(i hated doing it) they are STILL scraping on the inner part of the wheel. I don't want to grind anymore/don't think i should have to. Question now is, where to go from here? Don't want a set of Bogarts(more on the don't want to afford them). Is it because of the 7.5" backspacing? Are the Centerline Warriors a better fit on these cars when equipped with a stock caliper? I just can't believe the Pro Stars are still scraping. I have to run a .5" spacer to get them to fit, and i already sheered the studs on a launch from running the spacer. The 9" rear end was out of GeorgeC's car and he was running a 15x10 Draglite from what I remember.

Chris

PS - and it partly sucks becuase i think the centerline warriors are only available up to a 6.5" backspacing, so it sticks out an extra 1/2" from where i have it now with the 7.5 and .5" spacer
Old 05-02-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any ideas on why these Wilwood drag brakes are STILL hitting my pro stars? can i get a different hat that positions the rotor further back and then i can space the caliper back further?

Chris