Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13.0 @ 111 Wtf

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13.0 @ 111 Wtf

I have been reading the threads in this Forum for a couple days now and really impressed. I drive a TA M6 race weight 3750, street tires, best 60' 2.174. I thought that was bad, but I guess its not that bad to others. I put a cam in my car (TR227) and bought all the suspension stuff Subframes, LCA, Relocation brackets, Pan hard bar, & tower brace. I lowered the car at the sametime w/ a Eibach prokit. I still have the DeCarbons stocks in my car. Would buying the QA1 adjustable front shocks really help my 60'. I am going to remove the sway bar in the front also. I got the ten bolt in there w/ 373 gears, so I don't understand what I am doing wrong(feathering it). As of yesterday I decided to start saving for a 12 bolt. Could you please tell me if I should buy the QA1s or Billstien shocks, or is there something better I could do like ditch the Prokit for something better. I would really like any input from you guys. I can't believe a TA has the fastest cam only car
Old 05-05-2005, 06:21 PM
9 Second Club

"I lowered the car"
That was your mistake. IMO
Old 05-05-2005, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
"I lowered the car"
That was your mistake. IMO
Thanks alot. That's what I need to know. I kept the stock springs. I'll just buy TR drag kit then. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Thanks again,
Matt
Old 05-05-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

First step would be picking up a good set of sticky tires. And, yes, put the stock springs back on. You might be surprised how well a stock spring/shock combo works at the strip.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

what about this...
if you have lowering springs what about adding a drag launch kit, two rear air bags inside the spring. you can air them up to raise the rear end and put pre tension on the rear springs
wouldnt this be just as good if if not better than stock springs?
they are real cheap too, I think about $60 for the set of 2
Old 05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

I could sell the Prokit and add the drag kit later. What do you think? My friend owns a shop so adding the kit is not really a problem with labor, well not this round atleast. Do you go up to TC on Weds nights? I'm scared to add sticky tires because I might break the rearend. Freakin racing is like a DRUG.
Originally Posted by BigSteele
what about this...
if you have lowering springs what about adding a drag launch kit, two rear air bags inside the spring. you can air them up to raise the rear end and put pre tension on the rear springs
wouldnt this be just as good if if not better than stock springs?
they are real cheap too, I think about $60 for the set of 2
Old 05-05-2005, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive cut a couple of 1.59's & a bunch of 1.60's in the 60'. And my car is lowered with eibach sportlines. I also have no front sway bar, LCA's, SF's, et streets & skinnes. Oh yeah & its an auto. But lowering it didnt hurt my time a bit..
Old 05-06-2005, 06:52 AM
12 Second Club

thanks everyone for the input, Driving>Me
Old 05-06-2005, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99 Pewter TA
I could sell the Prokit and add the drag kit later. What do you think? My friend owns a shop so adding the kit is not really a problem with labor, well not this round atleast. Do you go up to TC on Weds nights? I'm scared to add sticky tires because I might break the rearend. Freakin racing is like a DRUG.
I didnt notice any problem launching after adding my pro kit, I would just keep yur springs and if you want to spend the money, I think that the drag launch kit would only help out.
Yeah Ive been going there on wednesdays but this week there was a bunch of cops out, I guess they caught on to the wed. night thing.