Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing a few things to help save weight, need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing a few things to help save weight, need help!!!

Hey, I am removing my radio, all the speakers, and the ac/heat control panel (gonna remove all that from behind the dash when I pull it to do a 10-point cage), and i'm havin a little bit of a hard time with the stereo, first off, how do you get the thick black wire out from the back of the radio, and second, how do you get at the speakers, do the black grilles just pop off and give you access, or do you have to remove the door panels? Thanks for any help guys!
Old 05-08-2005, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, you have to remove the door panels to get at the speakers. As for the antenna wire, I'd just cut it if you can't get it out. If you want to do this completely you should take your whole dash out and chase the wires one by one. I had about 10lbs of wires, looms, and harnesses for Sound/AC/airbags.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Little G
Yeah, you have to remove the door panels to get at the speakers. As for the antenna wire, I'd just cut it if you can't get it out. If you want to do this completely you should take your whole dash out and chase the wires one by one. I had about 10lbs of wires, looms, and harnesses for Sound/AC/airbags.
I actually got the wire out, now just need to get the door speakers out. How do I remove the door panels? Not really sure how they come off. Oh and i'm not pullin the dash more than once, heard it's a bitch, so it won't come out till I do the 10-point cage!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

That explains door panel removal. And yeah, taking the dash out is a bitch. But I'll probably have to take mine out again when I "revise" the ventillation system.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:39 AM
9 Second Club

Dash is much easier to take out the 2nd time after all the crap is gone.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Little G
http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

That explains door panel removal. And yeah, taking the dash out is a bitch. But I'll probably have to take mine out again when I "revise" the ventillation system.
Hey thanks a lot dude, that helps a lot!!!