Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Cuts Out

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cuts Out

Hows it going, its been a while since I posted but I need some help. Alright I took the car to the track with a brand new set of Nitto 315's and for some reason when I would dead hook it would go about 5 feet and like shut off and right away come back it was crazy. All the gauges would go black and within a second it was like someone restarted it. It only does it when it dead hooks, if I half throttle out the hole then wide open it runs perfect. Any ideas???
Old 05-09-2005, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wesley SS
Hows it going, its been a while since I posted but I need some help. Alright I took the car to the track with a brand new set of Nitto 315's and for some reason when I would dead hook it would go about 5 feet and like shut off and right away come back it was crazy. All the gauges would go black and within a second it was like someone restarted it. It only does it when it dead hooks, if I half throttle out the hole then wide open it runs perfect. Any ideas???
Your battery is loose and flips towards the AC and is shorting out when the positive terminal contacts the metal AC bracket. Hence the dead gauges and no power. I had the same problem and took awhile to figure it out. Check the battery by grasping it with two hands and try to tilt it. Also check the battery terminals for signs of arcing. Buy a battery strap at Year One to solve the problem.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed
Old 05-10-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Your battery is loose and flips towards the AC and is shorting out when the positive terminal contacts the metal AC bracket. Hence the dead gauges and no power. I had the same problem and took awhile to figure it out. Check the battery by grasping it with two hands and try to tilt it. Also check the battery terminals for signs of arcing. Buy a battery strap at Year One to solve the problem.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, that was exactly the problem.