Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips or tricks to fitting dash after 10 point install????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tips or tricks to fitting dash after 10 point install????

Just got my car out of the chassis shop and I am ready to get the interior back together. Chassis guy did not fit the dash or trim it for the cage. It is a Wolfe 10 point with the front cross bar( I wish I had known it wasnt needed for < 8.50s) ANYWAY, Im looking for tips tricks to get the dash back in and looking right without ruining it. Anything ya got will be much appreciated.

BTW, the dash is basically empty minus the body harness which has been cut down considerably

TIA!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 05:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm running the same cage and I didn't have any probs with the install it is pretty straightforward. I did have to notch the dash pad a bit with a Dremel. The hardest part in my application was getting the dashpad to go back in. The dashpad was a bit wide and I had to kind of bend it in order to get it between the bars that run along the side of the windshield.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the guys at KTS racecars (sponsor) maybe since you are too far away to bring it in they will give ya some pointers?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:42 AM
10 Second Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just cut a little and test fit untill you like how is looks. Mine looks like my 10 point grew there. Good luck to ya, Tom
Old 06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Torkman15
Just cut a little and test fit untill you like how is looks. Mine looks like my 10 point grew there. Good luck to ya, Tom
Grew there huh? LOL good response. Take your time in trimming and the end result will look great. All cars are different so there is no "cookie cutter" way of doing this. Post some pics of the installed dash. Good luck

Andy