Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With battery mounted in rear, has anyone..

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default With battery mounted in rear, has anyone..

Used something like this for tech, or at track only ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V

I am concerned that the tech guy could push the disconnect switch (to see if it works, or ?) and the cpu would loose all learned memory, possibly making the car inconsistant.

'J
Old 06-22-2005, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

J - Don't think that will work for a OBD II car because they require more than 9 volts to keep the PCM from resetting. I believe the minimum is 11 volts.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Arrow

Gino,

How's the project coming ? Hopefully you are real close.

Anybody else get where I am coming from ? I guess I need a way of supplying 12v to the cpu via small batt, or maybe I do not need to be concerned...Then as I think about it, safety is the main reason for the switch, so I would not want it to power anything else (like the fuel pump).....

'J
Old 06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just find out what wire that need 12 volts at all times and run just it to the positive side of the battery. i ran into the problem of the car wont idle after turning the switch back on and then i ran the wire to my pcm and it solve my problem. the switch will shut all power to the rest of the vehicle.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Get a lightweight battery... and leave it under the hood... the weight savings of that battery vs a full size battery is still good... and you aren't running a ton of heavy cable thru the car either. Just one less thing to worry about if you ask me.

I'd be hard pressed to believe that the 20 lbs a lightweight battery weigh's in the nose of the car is gonna make that huge of a difference
Old 06-23-2005, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply's.

Anybody know the specific wire for the cpu ? Maybe there is a thread with that info ?

JL ws-6: With the elec wp and fans running quite a bit between runs, I am not sure a lightweight batt will handle it without running a generator between runs. I bracket race quite a bit, running 2 classes a day when I can, so the battery needs to be up to par.

Thanks,
J
Old 06-23-2005, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am not sure of the pin # but it is an orange wire.
i will check my wiring diagrams at the house this evening and get u a pin and connector #..you can not splice into the wire bc it will feed back and possibly keep the car running when the kill switch is turned off. u must cut it and tie into the pcm and tape the wire into the harness. i spliced into my radio wire to keep it from loosing memory and when i cut the kill switch off it kept running. but i spliced itand all is well.