Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnout and Rear Sliding out

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Burnout and Rear Sliding out

Hello, probably a newbie question here but why does my car seem to always have the rear slide out to the right during a burn out at the track. I don't really use the brake in the begining, I just dump the cluth a bit and get the tires spinning, lightly apply the brakes and let off once the car "dusts off" the tires and starts to move forward. The rear is sliding out before I apply the brakes. I'm using stock F1s on a pretty much stock car. Any ideas?.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

That will happen unless you have a line lock. My car did it horribly until I put one in, it was fine after that.

g
Old 08-04-2005, 02:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have found that it is caused by not enough tire speed......you need to go up higher in rpms or different gear. When i had 3.73 gears, i did my burnout in 2nd....3.23 gears in 1st. Just what works for me
Old 08-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Launching!

I had that problem with my old worn out tires but a new set cleared it up
Old 08-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by solocus
Hello, probably a newbie question here but why does my car seem to always have the rear slide out to the right during a burn out at the track. I don't really use the brake in the begining, I just dump the cluth a bit and get the tires spinning, lightly apply the brakes and let off once the car "dusts off" the tires and starts to move forward. The rear is sliding out before I apply the brakes. I'm using stock F1s on a pretty much stock car. Any ideas?.
Many tire manufacturers and racers are of the opinion you need not do any "burnout" with stock tread. Most say the best bet is to go around the water box and if you want to "clean them off", just do a very short dry spin (3 or 4 foot black marks) then roll on up and stage.

The tread on a street tire is hard, and does not benefit from a typical "burnout" where you heat tires up.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyGoldfinger
Many tire manufacturers and racers are of the opinion you need not do any "burnout" with stock tread. Most say the best bet is to go around the water box and if you want to "clean them off", just do a very short dry spin (3 or 4 foot black marks) then roll on up and stage.

The tread on a street tire is hard, and does not benefit from a typical "burnout" where you heat tires up.
You are correct, no smoky burnouts. Simply spin them to dry them off and get any dirt or sand on them off. I pull through the waterbox and rev to 3k dump clutch and floor it for about 1-2 sec. That is all. No brake torqueing either. My car dead hooked with New F1's. However my clutch didn't do so well.