Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How well would a lot of suspension stuff do on a basically stock ls1 car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How well would a lot of suspension stuff do on a basically stock ls1 car?

I was looking at BMR's site and was wondering ... what do you all think it would be able to do if we got the tubular k member, and basically everything else that was made for drag racing? Would it drop considerable time off in the 1/4 mile?
Old 08-17-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TexasWS6
I was looking at BMR's site and was wondering ... what do you all think it would be able to do if we got the tubular k member, and basically everything else that was made for drag racing? Would it drop considerable time off in the 1/4 mile?
in a 6 speed with a slick and a 12 bolt it would do much better,but on an automatic with no converter i cant see it doing that much better..
Old 08-18-2005, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Well it would hook better of course, but it might hook a little too good and bog the motor. Once you bog your motor there goes atleast 1sec added to you time. So if you are planning on getting bad *** susupention then i would get some motor work frist. If your are going to leave it pretty much stock i would get a good rear end from Moser and get some M/T et drags, and get a 3800 stall. But thats just my opinion.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Roush
Well it would hook better of course, but it might hook a little too good and bog the motor. Once you bog your motor there goes atleast 1sec added to you time. So if you are planning on getting bad *** susupention then i would get some motor work frist. If your are going to leave it pretty much stock i would get a good rear end from Moser and get some M/T et drags, and get a 3800 stall. But thats just my opinion.
Ok so im assuming its auto,ya I didnt know that...With an auto you would need a giant stall to take benefit of it or else you will bog like he said..

6speed on the other hand,slicks 12 bolt full suspension ls1 should go mid 12's as a bolt on car,gear the hell out of it too