Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corrected timeslips VS corrected dyno #'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default corrected timeslips VS corrected dyno #'s

i always wonderd, why do people go by corrected dyno no#'s but not corrected timeslips? i think on the timeslip they should post your corrected time also, that way you would get a better comparison.

example, you got people racing at good tracks like atco or ciecil then theres people that get screwed by running in nevada somewhere at there local track and their alot slower. if they corrected the times automatically it would be alot better comparison.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:12 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would guess since a dynojet correction is done and printed out for you (right or wrong) most people accept it. If dragstrip timing systems printed corrected and non-corrected numbers on the timeslip then it might me more accepted I suppose.

Plus a dyno is used more as a 'standard' for measuring power so there needs to be some way of leveling the playing field. Lot of variables in a drag car then just elevation/temp but I agree it would be nice for track timing systems to have a decent weather station and print both actual and sea level times.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

All the tracks, at least the So-Cal ones that use CompuLink, can print out a corrected timeslip based on elevation (not DA). You just need to ask for it.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:19 PM
7 Second Club

I think it's a 50/50 deal.
The dyno is for tuning, so you want to know what the car would be making in good air versus the air what you are running in.
Correcting track e.t.'s is like saying "well if I didn't have a full tank of gas" or "If I had skinny front wheels instead of my factory rims." I believe that what you run at the track should be the actual numbers you state, not corrected for DA. Besides the fact that some cars will pick-up more or less than others from certain DA. And I can see the heard of people bragging about "My et was...." when it's the corrected for DA one versus their actual e.t.
We go from -500 DA in the winter to 3500 or more in the summer here at Gainesville, and I know I look forward to winter-time runs. But I never think of the summer-time runs as "corrected that would be...."

Just my $.02

Derek