Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why rollcages?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why rollcages?

I was wondering earlier this afternoon why if you can run at the strip at certain speeds why they would require you to have a rollcage? The only reason I ask this is a motorcycle could run outrageously fast but there's nothing you can do to make them safer to drag. So is a rollcage in a car required just because it can be put in?

Enlighten me please as I've never been to a drag race event and don't know the rules for different classes, etc.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say that if a motorcycle rolls over, its likelyhood of crushing you and trapping you inside is a bit lower...

Ryan
Old 01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Its for safety reasons also they make motorclylist wear leathers once they go a certain time/speed...they also are suppose to have a ignition killer hooked up to there person incase they fall off.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

um because if you wreck a cycle you fall off and slide on your skidproof leathers and hope you dont get all mangled skipping down the concrete, in a car if you wreck you will get compressed and smashed by the car that you are trapped in, im sure if you didnt wanna wear your harness and get ejected on impact you might not need it