Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me get my 60ft down

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me get my 60ft down

Hey guys! I have a upcoming trip to SDR planned and want to make the best out of it since its a good ways for me.

The grape has seen a best 60ft of 2.1 with traction control on. Should I leave it off an hope it hooks? This time was at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce.

I need advice on prepping the tires prior to running? Should I heat them up a little? Lower the tire pressure some? I am running a set of 17" eagle F1 GS's 275's all the way around on the Vette.

Any thoughts on sandbagging the back some?
Old 01-11-2006, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

first off, turn the traction control off. Heating the F1's up doesnt do any good either, just a quick spin to clean them off. Not knowing if you're an A4 or M6, cant really say anymore

You may want to search for this stuff, there is TONS of very similar questions..
Old 01-12-2006, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

yeah doc, you don't need your traction control at sdr, and your 60 ft will be the huge difference at sdr as compared to commerce, mc, its an a4. no sandbagging, that will hurt your times, just lighten the load up front, maybe your diet will help, i seriously went on a diet for the track, and so did my car, so remeber only straight liquor , no beer
Old 01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by paper doll
yeah doc, you don't need your traction control at sdr, and your 60 ft will be the huge difference at sdr as compared to commerce, mc, its an a4. no sandbagging, that will hurt your times, just lighten the load up front, maybe your diet will help, i seriously went on a diet for the track, and so did my car, so remeber only straight liquor , no beer
take off front sway bar
Old 01-12-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a friend with a 6spd SS that cuts 1.75 60fts with the same tires. Swaybar off, and run as little fuel in your tank as possible. Tires at 20 lbs and just clean them off, not heat them up
Old 01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Lower control arms and subframe connectors. The LCAs decrease or just about eliminate wheel hop. noticeable gain in traction. SFCs make the car more rigid so it doesnt twist, and helps put the power down evenly.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by paper doll
You had to throw my diet in there didn't you???
Are guys going to be drinking any at the warehouse Saturday? Just wondering if I need to go ahead and buy some tequilla today.

Last edited by Docspeed; 01-13-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BBADWS6
I have a friend with a 6spd SS that cuts 1.75 60fts with the same tires. Swaybar off, and run as little fuel in your tank as possible. Tires at 20 lbs and just clean them off, not heat them up
How wide are the ones your friend has and what is his launch RPM?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:01 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Call Madman
Old 01-13-2006, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Docspeed
You had to throw my diet in there didn't you???
Are guys going to be drinking any at the warehouse Saturday? Just wondering if I need to go ahead and buy some tequilla today.
i've got some left left over from new years, some uhhh what is it jose something.... so yes i will be drinking as usualy, drinking and working on car (which is what i'll be doing from now till sunday) just seems right, you wanna take off your sway bar while you're at the warehouse? i'm telling you, i think this is the best mod we've done yet as far as helping launch
Old 01-13-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are 275's and he comes out of the hole at around 1800
Old 01-14-2006, 03:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BBADWS6
They are 275's and he comes out of the hole at around 1800
Ok, thats what I have.....Maybe my 2400 stall may have something to do with the excessive tire spin off the line, you think?

Originally Posted by paperdoll
you wanna take off your sway bar while you're at the warehouse? i'm telling you, i think this is the best mod we've done yet as far as helping launch
I will probably leave it in place but who knows. I plan on looking over the grape Saturday night when I get home to see how hard it will be to take off. If its really easy, the I will. The grape has been known to be a major bitch sometimes when working on her. You should have heard the muffler guy cussing when he was taking off the resonator. Everything is just a tight fit.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:20 AM
12 Second Club

i dunno why you wont pull that girl up into the warehouse, we have jack stands and heat and light, make it much easier. i imagine it wouldnt be terribly difficult as long as you got it up high enough to see what you are doing, and what else you should do, if this will fit , i dunno, but move the battery to the trunk , or get a lighter battery and and put 10lbs worth of something in the trunk, but i dont think traction will be an issue at sdr, i only spun out a few times, and that was when my z rated street tires were bald
Old 01-15-2006, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

We need to see what we can do Paper Doll. I am thinking about starting some weight reduction today in the engine compartment to help with weight transfer. It doesn't look like there is going to be much I can remove, we will see.