Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange brake install problem

Old 01-21-2006, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strange brake install problem

I started my install of rear drag brakes. I think they sent the wrong hardware. The bolt used to mount the caliper to the backing plate or the bushings in the backing plate are wrong. I started to tighten the calipers down with the torque wrench and the treads started to strip. I test fitted the other bolt on the other backing plate and they stop 3/4 of the way though. The bolt in the instructions show the bolt has a sholder on it mine dont. Just wondering if anyone else have had this problem? Hopefully the sponser i bought them from will fix the problem. Just once I would like to get a good product with the right hardware.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

I think they may have sent you the wrong materials, I'd call them, they will probably send you the right accessories, let us know what was the problem.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:25 PM
10 Second Club

well strange claims it was there fault after i sent them the backing plates and hardware. They said the fittings were pressed too hard into the backing plate crushing the threads. They sent me two new backing plates but both are for the passenger side. I guess it is going to take a third time maybe them ******* idiots will get it right this time. if you order a set check them out

Search this Thread