Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally made the 10's...NPB

Old 01-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally made the 10's...NPB

Ran the car last night, about 903miles on the new engine.
Here's the breakdown of the runs:
Time--60'----8th et & mph 1/4et & mph
7:37 1.53 6.76 102.28 10.619 127.45
8:47 1.53 6.74 102.5 10.611 126.8
8:57 1.57 6.8 101.58 10.74 126
9:08 1.57 6.83 101.32 10.76 124.55

This was with full interior, 1/2 tank of 92 and 2 gallons of 103, 22.5* timing, 12.8afr, only first stage dry 120+/- (one 5177 noid no jets). Discovered the 26" ET Streets dont hold too well once the initial plant is over and the weight starts transferring back they SPIN. Looking at 9" rear with 3.50gears, 27" tire, maybe a 3.70 gears. Currently 3.23 gears with 26" tires, trapping @ 6200rpms..so I am leaving a little on the table, but the second stage might take that up.
Heres one of the passes...

http://www.paradisecruisers.com/vide...ie%2001.28.wmv
Old 01-29-2006, 07:50 PM

why are you even using the trans break? its obvious the car isnt hooking. try flashing it. i'll bet it will pick up decent amount
Old 01-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Restricted User

ONYOURLS1, I tried and it was way not good. The transbrake actually yeilded the best results, other than my **** reaction time which is a good reason to practice now. The lil 26" ET Streets have seen better days, so oreding up some Drags to mount on the new Bogarts as soon as they arrive. Can't wait.
Oh yeah, and the slipping out of the hole (or totally blowing the tires off) is a godo thing in my case, with the stock 10bolt dont want to dead hook yet and break **** til the 9" is here.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Banned

Dude you need a 28" tire if you want to even think about hooking out of the hole on a 125 shot and carrying it out. Can't wait to see the 28" tire and dual stage setup.

Nate
Old 01-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Why would you even consider running a TB on the pile 10 bolt? Your car is maiking good mph, but your 60ft sucks. I'd go with the tallest tire you can fit and then gear the car to match the mph you plan to run. Notice the dive in the right rear, are you running an air bag? Do you have adjustable control arms, torque arm, control arm relocation brackets, what is the pinion angle? You need to know each of those if the pinion angle is off, wrong intersection point all the tire in the world wont help. Get a good anti roll bar set up and ditch the front tires for some skinnies at the track, if you dont want to go with an anti roll bar right now go with an airbag in the right rear, you are unloading the tires. It makes a huge difference once you air it up right. Also paint a small stripe on the side of the tire so you can see how much it is spinning. How much psi are you running in the tires? Do you have adjustable rear shocks?

Last edited by christophermorales; 01-29-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by christophermorales
Why would you even consider running a TB on the pile 10 bolt? Your car is maiking good mph, but your 60ft sucks. I'd go with the tallest tire you can fit and then gear the car to match the mph you plan to run. Notice the dive in the right rear, are you running an air bag? Do you have adjustable control arms, torque arm, control arm relocation brackets, what is the pinion angle? You need to know each of those if the pinion angle is off, wrong intersection point all the tire in the world wont help. Get a good anti roll bar set up and ditch the front tires for some skinnies at the track, if you dont want to go with an anti roll bar right now go with an airbag in the right rear, you are unloading the tires. It makes a huge difference once you air it up right. Also paint a small stripe on the side of the tire so you can see how much it is spinning. How much psi are you running in the tires? Do you have adjustable rear shocks?
Thanks for the brutally honest reply, hate to see how tough the 10sec crowd is when the gloves come off Ok, I considered it because I was told the 10bolt would not survive any runs off the TB, truthfully speaking that is. I know the 10bolt is going to go, when, where not sure, but this isnt my 1st one.
Next, yes I do have an airbag, no I did not put any air in it, it should be a few pounds in it, but forgot to check it, hell forgot I had it!
Next, Yes I have adjustable BADZ spherical ended LCA's, Spohn TA -2 1/2*'s, with Relo Brackets.
I plan on getting a rear drag sway bar once I get the 9" in. Front SB is deleted already. I have an airbag as mentioned already, just need to remember to put some air in for track.
I have just ordered a set of Bogarts, use to have skinnies and fats, but sold the ProStars, so the ET Streets are loaners. My tires had the paint stripe for that exact reason, although I never stuck my head out the door to watch it
I tried the tires at 17psi, 15si and then stuck with 13.5psi.
I do have QA1/HAL's all around...however, I need to send my fronts in to get an adjustment valve fixed, I went to adjust it one day and the ****** unscrewed, I lost a touch of fluid and havent had the time, patients to mess with, plus this is my Daily Driver. I need to find a stock front suspension to swap in when I replace the the K Member with my PA Racing CM model.
I do value the information, and always willing to listen to those "been there and done that" experienced peeps.
My plan calls for a 3.70gear 9" with 28" (or 27"), Wolfe single rear drag sway bar, possibly swapping out the HAL's for a DA setup (or the HAL rear coilover DA's), Madman Save Your *** bars, waiting now for the Bogarts to be made and arrival will wrap with stickie rears, narrow fronts (still debating on tire, b/w ET Drags and M&H Racemasters), of course Install the CM PA Racing K Member and A Arms I have sitting outside for over a year now, and increase the nitrous flow.

Charlie
Old 01-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
Dude you need a 28" tire if you want to even think about hooking out of the hole on a 125 shot and carrying it out. Can't wait to see the 28" tire and dual stage setup.

Nate
Nate, waiting on size fitment and wheels, but 28's are looking good.

Search this Thread