Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roll cage

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roll cage

hey everybody. I had a question about jegs jegster 8 point roll cage. When I buy that with the bolt in kit will i need to buy anything else? Do I need to have anything welded or does the term bolt-in actually apply? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

you will still need some welding done. The bolt-in means it bolts to the floor. there would be no way to get a full cage in without some of the bars unwelded.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks. ya i kinda figured that. i dont know much about welding how much would it cost to something like that welded?
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

The whole rollbar would have to be welded in. The "bolt-in" kit only lets the plates not be welded to the car, but the bars have to be welded together and the bars to the plates. My guess would be 500 dollars (if not more) for all that. Thats really dependent on who you have do the work.

Another option would be to consider:

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=242

This is a true bolt in cage, but to be 100% NHRA legal you have to have the 2 back bars welded to the main hoop (they are just bolted joints as supplied by wolfe).

keep in mind if you choose chromemoly, you have to have the bars TIG welded which not everyone has. Mild steel allows MIG (wire feed) welding which is more prevalent.