Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Install SLP Line lock Come UP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 07:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Install SLP Line lock Come UP!

I started my install last night and it went real easy putting the new brake lines on, then running the wire from the switch to the actuator
The install instructions say to run the wire inside the main wire loom from the drivers side to the passenger side, then through the firewall back to the actuator, I would say it is impossible

Anyone got a quick fix to get the wire through the firewall, I couldn't even find a place to squeeze it through or drill a new hole, man it is tight all over!
Thanks for any help.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

theres a grommet under the computer that the main wires go through. if you want easy access to it just remove the mounting bolts to the computer and move the computer off to the side, otherwise, go inside the car, remove the pass. kick panel and door sill, reach up as high as your arm can reach and its right there. push the grommet to the side and run the wire through. ive done it for a 4guage amp wire, my shift light, nitrous wires, etc. just feed some wire loom down the wire to protect it from rubbing against the metal. hope this helps.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Jeff,
thanks for the help! That makes sense.
I talked to the SLP tech line folks and it was obvious, the guy had never installed one.
Have a good one and thanks again.
Mike
Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

no problem, ive been in that area more times than i can count, havent had to move the computer a single time. if you have trouble feeding the wires, sometimes a coat hanger can help.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

I did the same thing as Jeff did. Except I used a straightend wire coat hanger bent one of the ends into "J hook" to hold the wire while it passed through the side of the grommet.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Default SLP line lock

Originally Posted by mvonada
I started my install last night and it went real easy putting the new brake lines on, then running the wire from the switch to the actuator
The install instructions say to run the wire inside the main wire loom from the drivers side to the passenger side, then through the firewall back to the actuator, I would say it is impossible

Anyone got a quick fix to get the wire through the firewall, I couldn't even find a place to squeeze it through or drill a new hole, man it is tight all over!
Thanks for any help.
There is a grommet on the drivers side firewall on the LH side, its a tight squeeze but I managed to run it thru there and mounted the switch on the little panel in front of shifter