Sponsored by:

Wheels Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels Question

Hi guys.

Lately I've been running some weak times at the track and I know I'm more capiable judging from dynos and previous runs. I've started narrowing down some of my weak points.

1st I need to try an adjustable panhard bar to compensate for some of my lowering I did.

2nd is my question. I have on my car 4 SLP chrome ZR1s that I run on the streets, and have been running with at the track. My guess is that they are obviously heavy. Here are my options.

I'm defenatly getting a set of drag radials this season. I have my stock 16's, and the opertunity to get a pair of painted Corvette wagon wheels to put some DR's on. Which would I be better off using the 16's of the 17 inch corvette wheels?

Thanks boys.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

definatly the 16's because they have more sidewall to give on the launch, and wagon wheels in my opinion are ugly as ****.They weigh more to probably. I would just throw the rears on at the track and let it ride. I would also recommend the m/t et street radail. They work great on everything Ive put them on.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

I could care less how they look. Like I said, the wagon wheels would be easier for me in terms of convienence, but if the 16s will be better than I guess I will have to use them.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Launching!

16's and ET streets is a hot ticket, or so I've heard ...