Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker 2455 header fitment? What are the mods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooker 2455 header fitment? What are the mods?

Can anyone explain and maybe even post some pics of the the header mods that are required to fit hooker 2455 headers on a BBC into a 4th gen F-body. Just curious as to what is all involved? Thanks!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

I'm going to try my Hooker Headers 2455 again this after noon. I know you have to beat the bottom of the firewall in on the passenger side and on the drivers side you'll have to reroute primary # 3 around the steering shaft. This is what was done on a car with a PA Racing K-member. Try to contact Brady he's the one that has done this. I have a modified stock K-member so I may have to do a little more work to make mine fit. If it al works out I'll get some updated photos online.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any progress yet?
Old 03-03-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

I finished the install this morning. It took me about 10 hours over Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. I have to cut and grind the corners off of my stock k-member. Also had to cut my flanges off the collectors, which didn't bother me because I'm going to just weld up my 3" X-pipe.

It's not that bad of an install. Yes it was very aggravating but it wasn't impossible. Once I seen that I couldn't do this with the motor and trans bolted to the car, I just unbolted my k-member and trans for the car and raised the car up enough to where I could get in there and work. Once I got the headers bolted on like that I started lowering the car back down to the K-member to find out where I was hitting at. Every car will probably be a little different so I'd just work on cutting the corners of the K-member, install the headers and then see where it hits and work from there.

Quick Reply: Hooker 2455 header fitment? What are the mods?