Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for drag springs, need input.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for drag springs, need input.

Well, my 60's are currently in the mid 1.40s and I'd like to drop those into the low 1.40s or possibly high 1.30s. I'm replacing the stock torque arm so I figured I might as well give some drag springs a shot too (running Hypercoil lowering springs right now).

What is out there on the market for drag springs? Does QA1 make a rear spring for these cars? I refuse to change my stance, do they offer them in different lengths?

Also, can anyone suggest some ball park spring rates to start with? I havn't scaled all four corners but, race weight/street weight will be under 2950lbs.

Thanks,
Andrew

BTW: My suspension consist of QA1 shocks (Rs in the front), double rod end LCAs, relocation brackets, solid mount adjustable sway bar, and I think I'm going with an Alston style torque arm.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i would run stock springs in teh back with the isolator removed....thats what i run. Although im not sure how low you are in the back, i dropped about 3/4 of an inch in the back.

a lot of the guys who mini tub run a real narrow diameter spring in the back, that are also available in different spring rates.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:30 PM
LC
TECH Resident

No rear coilovers Andrew?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Banned

get the Wolfe Racecraft Adjustable rear upper spring cups, allows for 3" of adjustments and you can run any aftermarket spring you want to get exactly what you want out of the car. that's what i just ordered for my new rear, along with their swaybar and torque arm and afcos for the rear.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

The only way to actually know what rate you need is to put your car on scales. Then call your manufacturer or choice (Strange has always done me right) and give them the info on your car. From there they will tell you what you need.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Luis Castellanos
No rear coilovers Andrew?
I decided to wait until I put togethor a 9" to convert to coilover rears. Maybe I still will this spring.

I'll have to track down our local DOT guy to scale the car for me. He'll love looking the car over.

I will look into the Wolfe set up alittle more too.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Banned

good deal GM, mine should be here soon and i'll get ya some pics and such once they are on the car.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
good deal GM, mine should be here soon and i'll get ya some pics and such once they are on the car.
Some pics would be great. I thought about it today, and I might as well just drop the cash now for coilovers. Selling my rear "F's and Hypercoils will help offset the price of the Sphon package.