Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag suspension and the effects of normal driving...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag suspension and thier effects on normal driving...

Well, I've searched for questions like these and yet I still have a few more unanswered. I Bracket race so consistancy is my only friend at the track. But I needed to be alittle quicker this year since I moved up a class so I'll be able to judge all the really fast cars at the stripe alittle easier. So I'm adding a 3600 2.2 converter. Now I'm gonna need helping making sure I can do the same thing everytime, so feathering it out of the whole is not an option. I need to hook. Obviously I can just set the car up with QA1's or Afco's all around and some 275 springs up front and 93-97 V6 springs in the rear, adj torque arm, adj LCA's/relocation brackets, remove front sway bar, replace rear swaybar with a bigger one and be set. Also I run on a 16 inch 255/50/16 mt radial. I know a 26/10.50-15 slick or 27X10.50-15LT e/t street is my best bet but I just don't have the money for rims and tires at the moment. My delima is I have to drive from Jacksonville to Gainesville to race now that my local track closed, it's about a hour and 15 minute ride. What suspension mods can I do to make the car still stable enough to make the trip down, yet be able to change the setting on the front and rear shocks and it still hook consistantly? Is the car gonna be able to feel stable with the adjustment to the shocks if the rest of the mods are done? How much "sway" is caused by removing the front bar? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Oh by the way I know my 10 bolt is gonna hate me.

Last edited by NastyNate; 03-25-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:20 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nate, just deal with having to turn around a lot!

Jason goes 1.51 on M/T ET Street radials, so I'm sure you'll be fine...
Old 03-26-2006, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

Looking for a mid 11 car won't be bad but.......

When cuz blasts off a 10.20@129 and I'm putting along at 105 down on the other end of the track, it's gonna be real hard to tell if I need stay in it or not.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:30 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 - Don't run him
#2 - Dial honest!

Yep trying to gauge high mph can be a PITA, but we have a guy going 130+mph in footbrake and I can have a hard time judging that, let alone a 160+ mph dragster in the KOTH run-off!
Old 03-28-2006, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

no help....
Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Removing the swaybar is something you will have to try out and see what you think. I removed it on my old car and didn't really notice that much difference. After driving for a while you get used to it. It doesn't take long to take it off and put it back on so just take it off and drive it and then you will be able to decide which way you like best. As far as the rest of the suspension, my car only had sfc's and lca's so i can't comment on a full suspension car. But I have read that there are alot of full suspension cars dd with no problems. If it is adjustable then I don't seen an issue. Hope this helped a little