Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driftbox - Revolutionary Testing Device

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driftbox - Revolutionary Testing Device

I have been building and tuning cars since 1991. Over that time I have used a lot of devices as testing tools to measure speed and performance. Vericom (old school accelerometer), Stalker radar with stats (many magazines have used and still used), Dynojet dyno (we use every day) and about a year ago I bought a VBox - a GPS based device that measures all combinations of time, speed and distance. Car and Driver and Road & Track currently use VBox on everything they test. Most manufacturers use VBox for their testing too. The kit is way overly sophisticated and expensive - at almost $5k.

Racelogic, a UK firm who makes the VBox as well as popular traction control devices and other trick electonics parts has recently introducted a new GPS based testing system. Its call the Driftbox. From what I am told it was developed in by Racelogic to help one of its partners, Blitz to be able to offer a form of measuring drift angles for drifting competitions. This would offer the drivers and judges a more scientific way of measuring their drifting skills. Racelogic also incorporated much of their VBox technology in the Driftbox. Here is where it gets really good.

The Driftbox or as I call it - the DBox - suction cups up to the inside of your front windshield - just like your radar detector. It has a display that you can adjust to give you all kinds of data while you are on your favorite test road, the drag strips, autocross track or road course. All forms of acceleration (0-60, 0-100, 0-1 mile, etc.), braking data, lateral G's, actual speed, VMax (max speed) and lap times. it has a removable memory chip that you can take and feed the data to your laptop or PC where you can do a GPS based map and lap overlay of your favorite race track, etc.

The DBox can do everything that my expensive VBox does for about $4,400 less money! And the DBox is way more user friendly that the VBox. I am so excited about how badass this thing is that I just ordered 100 of them from Racelogic. I have 5 in stock now and 25 more coming in a few weeks.

If this is something you are interested in then please read more about it at www.Driftbox.com

You can find this product on Ebay by just doing a search for Driftbox.

John Hennessey
www.HennesseyPerformance.com
Old 04-06-2006, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

well regardless.. i dont see sponsor next to his name.. so if im not mistaken this thread will get locked and deleted..........

Last edited by DERTY; 04-06-2006 at 07:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
well regardless.. i dont see sponsor next to his name.. so if im not mistaken this thread will get locked and deleted..........
who do i contact to become a sponsor?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:29 AM
11 Second Club

one of the admin i would imagine.. sorry i jumped the gun.. i thought at first you were some flame perhaps impersonating the real guy.. lol posting under a well known name trying to sell a product that way..

but since ur really him that changes everything.. welcome, and contact brains or nineball.. i am not sure if they will lock it or not.. they usually tend to tho if they think its taking money away from the paying sponsors i guess...
Old 04-06-2006, 01:32 AM
11 Second Club

okay look to the right -------> see all the tiles with sponsors names ect... go all the way to the bottom and it has a lil one that says "advertise on ls1tech".... should get you started
Old 04-06-2006, 01:39 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My apologize also. We do have people coming on here to sell random ****, its the norm for some of us.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:05 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

John, you can contact Tony (NineBall) or John (ProStockJohn) about sponsorship info. Until then, I'm going to lock this post.