Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help plz! alternator bracket ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default need help plz! alternator bracket ??

i found it on ebay but lost it and maby someone else can guide me somewhere. I need to mount my alt. on the lower pass. side of the motor. Now i know they sell brackets that do that ( like this one: http://www.speedspecialty.com/store/...t1altbracketV2 ) but i dont wanna remount anything else. Is what im looking for is the bracket that mounts it like this.....

......... Now next part is i found one on ebay exactely what i needed but i had to run a different alt. and different ballencer to make it work, not happin. So my buddy found one that uses the stock lt1 alt. and balencer and was a complete bolt-on done deal. He forgot where he found it at so im on a search for it.. does anybody know of anything??????? People said i can just use one from Jegs for a reg. 350 and just space it out more, and there only $50 too.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've been manufacturing them for years. With ours...you remove your entire accessory bracket and other components. I'm alittle unclear as if you're wanting to do this or not.

There is no benifit to moving the alternator down low if you're not willing to remove AC and PS. With our kit, you completely remove the ENTIRE accessory bracket and associated components attached. By leaving everything on. There is no weight savings...you're just moving components around...probably adding more weight then you had before with the additional parts.

If you're doing this just to get different valve covers...just have the ones you want modified or have a custom setup done.

Our bracket kits can be seen in our camaro LT1 engine section.
www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_eng_lt1.html

It's a direct bolt on and comes with everything you need, no additional components necessary.

Let us know if you need additional help,

Steve
Old 04-16-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

yes, i already took off the entire bracket assembly and everything. Its all gone. But $225 is a bit too pricy for me. Nothing personially to you guys, looks like a real nice kit, im just totally on a budget build here.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The polished kit is 229, the machine finish kit is 189 are are both worth every penny.

If these aren't in your budget, try and make something up yourself though you may spend more time fabbing parts...sometimes it can get as expensive as purchasing one outright... Sometimes there is a self accomplishment feeling one gets from making their own part.

Good luck.