Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tucking 29.5W's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased Roofer Daves old rear (9"). It is shorted 6" each side! I have to go with a 3.5" back spacing, coil over (relocating the springs/shocks) and relocate the lower control arms. I am running 15x10 rim with a 29.5x10.5 W tire. I am going to be using the Wolfe Mini tubs (which I currently have on order)...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mike
I purchased Roofer Daves old rear (9"). It is shorted 6" each side! I have to go with a 3.5" back spacing, coil over (relocating the springs/shocks) and relocate the lower control arms. I am running 15x10 rim with a 29.5x10.5 W tire. I am going to be using the Wolfe Mini tubs (which I currently have on order)...
Do you plan on keeping the whole tire in the wheel well or do you plan on cutting the quarter and bumper?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Carbed4thGen
Do you plan on keeping the whole tire in the wheel well or do you plan on cutting the quarter and bumper?
The whole tire will be in the wheel well. We want it that way because I want to be able to lower the car in the back... 7 second cars are not supposed to sit high in the back...
Old 04-20-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Mike
The whole tire will be in the wheel well. We want it that way because I want to be able to lower the car in the back... 7 second cars are not supposed to sit high in the back...

Ok so no cutting of the quarter and the bumper then right? Sorry if I seem retarded here I'm just trying to make sure on everything. And yes I believe my 8 second car should sit nicely too. Are you going stock suspenion with this? (a torque arm still)
Old 04-20-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Carbed4thGen
Ok so no cutting of the quarter and the bumper then right? Sorry if I seem retarded here I'm just trying to make sure on everything. And yes I believe my 8 second car should sit nicely too. Are you going stock suspenion with this? (a torque arm still)

Yes, there is a torque arm but it is custom... It's only about 18" long (it came with the rear). The LCA won't be in the same location, neither will springs/shocks. As for cutting the quarter and bumper, I really won't know until its all done, but I don't think I will need to do that.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:38 PM
8 Second Club

You will have to cut the front qaurter and rear bumper. The way our rear fenders are designed, the top of the fender sits out about 4-5" past the bottom of the quarter panel. If you wanted to do zero cutting, the tire would have to be in 6" from the top of the fender. You would have to definetly have a backhalf car, the stock frame rails would be in the way. On my car the rear frame rails are notched a little, the LCA and Springs are in the factory location. If you want it to sit low then there's no other choice. I could relocate my LCA's and Springs but the frame rail you really can't. What would be the point of relocating suspension parts? It wouldn't be Stock suspension, just stock type. Most Organizations state suspension peices must bolt in factory locations.