Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what drivetrain parts to save up for??

Old 04-22-2006, 02:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what drivetrain parts to save up for??

this has been bugging me. look at sig to get an idea what i mean

all i have is girdle and stud kit, sfc's and poly trans-mount. im the least worried about the rear since i can easily and cheaply swap that out to another 2.73 rear.

things im most worried about in order from most worried to least worried=

1. torque arm
2. driveshaft
3. transmission
4. rear

so what do i do? im not trying to drop alot of $ now or any time on a new rear/trans/suspension setup, i just need strong **** that i can race on all of the time and it'll hold up.

i was thinking trans-mounted torque arm with the modification so it doesn't bend the mounting plate, the driveshaft loop is getting welded in (never had one before- didn't fit )- then i'll just try to keep the trans cool and see how it and the rear hold up.

the reason i don't want a chassis mounted torque arm is that i've read that they tend to break rears and make driveability shitty- which my car isn't the nicest as it is but it is still not bad.

all EXPERIENCED compliments are welcome and appreciated. don't tell me to change the gears or you will get a nasty reply from me, they are staying in.

thanks in advance.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:45 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
this has been bugging me. look at sig to get an idea what i mean

all i have is girdle and stud kit, sfc's and poly trans-mount. im the least worried about the rear since i can easily and cheaply swap that out to another 2.73 rear.

things im most worried about in order from most worried to least worried=

1. torque arm
2. driveshaft
3. transmission
4. rear

so what do i do? im not trying to drop alot of $ now or any time on a new rear/trans/suspension setup, i just need strong **** that i can race on all of the time and it'll hold up.

i was thinking trans-mounted torque arm with the modification so it doesn't bend the mounting plate, the driveshaft loop is getting welded in (never had one before- didn't fit )- then i'll just try to keep the trans cool and see how it and the rear hold up.

the reason i don't want a chassis mounted torque arm is that i've read that they tend to break rears and make driveability shitty- which my car isn't the nicest as it is but it is still not bad.

all EXPERIENCED compliments are welcome and appreciated. don't tell me to change the gears or you will get a nasty reply from me, they are staying in.

thanks in advance.

by your 2.73 rear i see that your an A4... your tranny will crap before the other stuff.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Definately the trans!
Old 04-22-2006, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

so my stock torque arm will hold up to numerous 1.5X 60fts? only did one so far and it scared me a little without the loop in there. i have an extra 4l60e if it takes a ****.

Search this Thread