Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody ever have a problem installing Wolfe spring perches?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody ever have a problem installing Wolfe spring perches?

Well, we got the adjustable spring perches and There are NO instructions. I guess we weren't as smart as we were supposed to be to install these. The chassis guy welded them in (in the stock location) located off the original perch. We come in last night to hang the new 9" and the perches don't line up AT ALL with the perches on the new rear. We measure the old rear and the new rear and the perches on the rears are in the same place. SOOO obviously we are going to have to move the upper perches out and back to get them to line up. This has been one of the MOST FRUSTRATING things I have ever undertaken, and we aren't done! Is it just us or have any others had "issues". I ain't mad just frustrated. I am gonna call Dan this morning and see if he can give me any pointers.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody ever have a problem installing Wolfe spring perches?-5-25-06-009.jpg   Anybody ever have a problem installing Wolfe spring perches?-5-25-06-010.jpg   Anybody ever have a problem installing Wolfe spring perches?-5-25-06-008.jpg   Anybody ever have a problem installing Wolfe spring perches?-5-25-06_002.jpg  

Last edited by jshiver; 05-26-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:14 AM
I ruin the end of films...

I drilled a hole through the old perch before I cut it out and through the plate on the Wolfe ones. I used a metal rod (old welder rod actually) to line the two up and tacked it in.

Good idea to check widths BEFORE you weld it all into place too. Measure twice, cut/weld once.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Launching!

That is the same thing we did...I don't want to give off the wrong impression. I talked with Dan this morning and he was MORE than accomodating. He said it looked like the mount was alittle too far forward. The problem will be resolved. I just figured maybe I wasn't the only one that has had problems before.

Thanks Dan for the insight and GREAT customer service.

tech support like that is why my car has ALL WOLFE suspension under it.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I did the same to mine on one side but not as much. I had only tacked it so I was able to remove it and adjust the location.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

One more thing has your car always been a hardtop or did you convert it over?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
One more thing has your car always been a hardtop or did you convert it over?
It was always a hardtop..just had a sunroof in it that I removed.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Restricted User

Are the first few pics with the TA installed or no? I know my rear was sitting in a rear manner like that until I got the TA hooked up, then it lined up. I dont have the Adj SP yet, but looking at it, it just looks like the SP on the rearend is angled downward, as if the rear housing hasnt rotated (from the pass side it would rotate clockwise) to bolt the TA on, which would cant the SP more towards the front and maybe line up. Again, I looked at this so I could see what the issue is so when I do mine if it happens I will know what to look out for.

Charlie
Old 05-30-2006, 03:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adjustable LCA and TQ arm will help fine tune the rear end into the right spot also
Old 06-01-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Adjustable LCA and TQ arm will help fine tune the rear end into the right spot also
I just did that to mine this weekend. I swapped out the 12-bolt for a 9" and had to make some adjustments on the control arms.

BTW, I didn't have the right size open-ended lugs, so I had to use my sweet flamin' jack to take the pictures.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:43 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=65754

Ouch. Go out and do some karate chops on the box.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jshiver
Well, we got the adjustable spring perches and There are NO instructions. I guess we weren't as smart as we were supposed to be to install these. The chassis guy welded them in (in the stock location) located off the original perch. We come in last night to hang the new 9" and the perches don't line up AT ALL with the perches on the new rear. We measure the old rear and the new rear and the perches on the rears are in the same place. SOOO obviously we are going to have to move the upper perches out and back to get them to line up. This has been one of the MOST FRUSTRATING things I have ever undertaken, and we aren't done! Is it just us or have any others had "issues". I ain't mad just frustrated. I am gonna call Dan this morning and see if he can give me any pointers.
What the tire size of thoose, rim width
Old 06-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 572ysc
What the tire size of thoose, rim width
315/60/15 MT Drag radials on 15x10's with 5" backspacing.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:22 PM
9 Second Club

Car is lookin' good w/ those big meats under there.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Thanks...I hope to have it back at my house next week ....with all the spring "issues" behind me. I will get some new pics then.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

what did you do to get it right?
Old 06-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

damn mongse, those wheels look good, and i'm glad to see that i'm not the only guy with a terribly dirty car my wolfe perches should be going on pretty soon
Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by mongse
I drilled a hole through the old perch before I cut it out and through the plate on the Wolfe ones. I used a metal rod (old welder rod actually) to line the two up and tacked it in.

Good idea to check widths BEFORE you weld it all into place too. Measure twice, cut/weld once.
Damn Joe, you are alive! Has your car moved under it's own power since Memphis '01?

Call me phocker.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Brady
Damn Joe, you are alive! Has your car moved under it's own power since Memphis '01?

Call me phocker.
OK....PHOCKER! You Alabama folk sure have a weird way of being friendly.

THe car's been down for a month or two. I rolled into it on a road by my parents' house and laid down a pair of 13" wide black marks for about 40'. I swapped rear ends out (12-bolt out, 9" in), installed the adjustable perches and made some other small changes. I'm in the process of modifying the brakes lines to make engine removal easier and I'd like to take some more weight out of the car.

I had a guy inquire about buying the car, but we'll see. If I keep it, I'm going to build new headers and put a single 88 or a GTS on it so I can actually run some classes with it. Funny how twin 67s don't fit into too many rules. I'm also splitting time and money with a sweet '89 Mustang coupe I bought for $400.

I talked to Phil @ PGD and heard Tommy's SVO is running real good now(even heard he ditched the faded yellow paint in favor of a bright yellow). I haven't heard from you or Swindle in a while though. Figured you guys were off building some Mini Cooper with a Shaffiroff 572 in it.

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
damn mongse, those wheels look good, and i'm glad to see that i'm not the only guy with a terribly dirty car my wolfe perches should be going on pretty soon
Thanks. I was bored over the winter and thought it'd be a good idea to try and mess with almost $1000 worth of wheels. I was hoping to get the car cleaned up and under some sunshine for some pics, but I'm a little short on open-ended lug nuts for the rear wheels.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Banned

i've got a set of open ended lugs for stock wheel studs if you need them let me know.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
i've got a set of open ended lugs for stock wheel studs if you need them let me know.
I got them during the week. I had a set of unopened 12mm lugs laying around that I traded.

Thanks for the offer though.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever have a problem installing Wolfe spring perches?