Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Began Fabbing up Fuel Cell, Battery Box, and prep for 10pt cage.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Began Fabbing up Fuel Cell, Battery Box, and prep for 10pt cage.

Spent the past few days hacking the car all apart to make way for the Custom Fuel Cell and battery box amongst other things.

We Removed all of the material in the rear deck location from the Back seat to the rear of the car and started Framing the case between the frame rails for mounting the custom Fuel cell out of 2inch square tubing. The Frame were building is going to extend down into the rear well of the car which has been removed and will be where the battery relocation will be mounted.

The dimensions for the fuel cell we worked out were 26wx19Lx11"t. It workd out to be just shy of 26 gallons. Both the Fuel cell and battery box are being made out of 12ga Stainless with a 3inch sump and 2 10an fittings. My wolfe Thru Floor SFCs finally showed up after i orderd them 2.5 months ago so as soon as I finish some rust repair on the Driverside floor those will be going in and my 10pt cage should be here by then.
We also finished cutting out the front radiator crossmember where the hood latch is. It will be capped off on both sides and made so it can bolted back onto the car and easily removed.

I apologize for not having any pics but we should have the frame work finished in the next day or 2 and the Fuel cell and Battery Box done by the end of the week, so il post pics up as soon as i can.

-john
Old 06-20-2006, 02:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why such a HUGE cell? Do you still go on trips in it?
Old 06-20-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
Why such a HUGE cell? Do you still go on trips in it?

I wasnt planning on the cell coming out that big. Once we finsihed all the cutting and started measuring for it I figured I might as well use all the space we had. Its still gonna see street time and I highly doubt the 468 is gonna be easy on gas, so every gallon helps.

-john
Old 06-20-2006, 03:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMuscle
I wasnt planning on the cell coming out that big. Once we finsihed all the cutting and started measuring for it I figured I might as well use all the space we had. Its still gonna see street time and I highly doubt the 468 is gonna be easy on gas, so every gallon helps.

-john
Gotcha