Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Books on setting up a modern Fbody to hook..?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Books on setting up a modern Fbody to hook..?

anyone recommend any good books on the subject, specifically geared towards drag racing fbodies??
i think i have alot of the basics, but its all from the internet... what im looking for is some kind of book that can explain to me the why and math of making a car hook... i know the solutions people use are based on their own ideas and opinions... im just looking for the basic knowledge required for me to make educated answers for myself.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There isn't a book on making a late-model F-Body hook. Different chassis books will help you understand the concepts of how the suspension is supposed to work. You can apply some of that to the torque arm setups we have.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Coal Mining Director

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/521159-what-s-best-chassis-engineering-book-torque-arm-set-up.html
Old 06-22-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks.. im still having occasional issues finding threads with a search.. im sure the admins are still working it out...
Old 06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only book i have ever read was ls1tech.com, read away brother all the info is here
Old 06-22-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ApacheDrill
The only book i have ever read was ls1tech.com, read away brother all the info is here
well, yea its easy to do.. buy the right parts, toss em on, and poof.. you're cutting low 1.6s to 1.5s and in the 11s with very little spent...

now.. WHY did this do this... why did that do that? what changes when i make the torque arm shorter? why does my pinion angle change when i bolt 28s on?

what happens when i want to move forward, beyond the masses of bolt-on cars??? i need to know WHY and HOW things work. not just how to do it. 1.5s are nice, but i want to be amoung the far and few cutting 1.4s and 3s... with a 6spd.. and im not going to reach thoes high goals by copying others.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:05 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
well, yea its easy to do.. buy the right parts, toss em on, and poof.. you're cutting low 1.6s to 1.5s and in the 11s with very little spent...

now.. WHY did this do this... why did that do that? what changes when i make the torque arm shorter? why does my pinion angle change when i bolt 28s on?

what happens when i want to move forward, beyond the masses of bolt-on cars??? i need to know WHY and HOW things work. not just how to do it. 1.5s are nice, but i want to be amoung the far and few cutting 1.4s and 3s... with a 6spd.. and im not going to reach thoes high goals by copying others.
Not to mention that for all the good advise you'll get on here, you'll also get some absolutely horrible advice too.

Go to this thread...Madman pretty much sums it up.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/264435-any-books-about-suspension-tunning.html#post2340369

Quick Reply: Books on setting up a modern Fbody to hook..?