Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joe Van O Race Car Body Parts available at Stenod Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 06:22 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Joe Van O Race Car Body Parts available at Stenod Performance

We've been selling several different fiberglass and carbon fiber parts from Joe Van Overbeek Race Car bodies. To make it easier for you guys, Stenod Performance is now offerring all of Joe Van O's parts. We only have photos of the body parts that we've sold through the shop at this point. Joe Van O doesn't have a lot of photos on hand, so as we get things we'll start to post them up. If you want something that is not listed, feel free to contact the shop and we'll look into it for you.

For the 4th gen F-body we offer hoods, front and rear bumpers, doors, pro stock front clips and the pro stock style wing as well. All of the parts are built to order and are not on the shelf. The typical lead time is 3 to 4 weeks, and will be confirmed when your order is placed.

The prices below do not include any hardware (if required) and do not include any shipping costs. Shipping will be worked out when your order is placed. All carbon fiber parts are not clear coated and come with a grey gel coat on them as a paintable part. If you are interested in clear coated CF parts, contact Stenod to make sure that they can be built first.

Bolt On Hood
Fiberglass (20 lbs) - $740
FG, Woven Cloth (17 lbs) - $885
Carbon Fiber / Fiberglass Composite (15 lbs) - $985
Carbon Fiber (12 lbs) - $1120
Featherlight Carbon Fiber (10 lbs) - $1375

Dzus / Pin On Hood
Fiberglass (18 lbs) - $570
FG, Woven Cloth (16 lbs) - $705
Carbon Fiber / Fiberglass Composite (13 lbs) - $830
Carbon Fiber (10 lbs) - $945
Featherlight Carbon Fiber (8 lbs) - $1145

Pro Stock Wing - Includes spill plates and wicker
Fiberglass (6 lbs) - $325
Carbon Fiber (4.5 lbs) - $525
Ultra Light CF (3.5 lbs) - $625
Clear coated CF - Add $135

Dashes - Only available as a Firebird style dash, no Camaro dashes.
Fiberglass (7 lbs) - $275
Carbon Fiber (4 lbs) - $475

Front Bumper - Bolt on style
Fiberglass - $700
Light Weight Fiberglass - $820
Carbon Fiber - $1145

Rear Bumper - Pro Stock Style, DZUS on bumper (not a bolt on!!)
Fiberglass - $470
Light Weight Fiberglass - $570
Carbon Fiber - $770

We are still working out package deals as well as a bundled setup for hardware on the wings as well. At the moment we haven't decided to do a group purchase yet. So these are the normal prices that we will be offering them for. Joe Van O has the right to change pricing and we'll let you know ahead of time if it does change.

Feel free to call the shop if you have any questions. I'll try to get more pictures up later tonight.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, you boys at Stenod are getting crazy here lately with all of the new releases and what-not, love to see that you guys are getting it all going. Can't wait to see some of the bad *** stuff you guys are currently building. Hopefully in the next few years when i finally go all out on my car i'll start putting it together with some of the Joe O. parts (similar to Dave Underwood's car)
Old 07-03-2006, 08:11 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Just wondering, but what are the advantages of running a Van O hood/dash over something like VFN's which is considerably cheaper? I know he makes each one as they're ordered, which probably means by hand, but I don't believe they weigh any less? Just curious. Glad to see someone's carrying his stuff now because he was kinda difficult to deal with.

One more question, do the front bumpers come in LS1 & LT1 styles?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, can't wait to see pics of the hoods...
Old 07-04-2006, 01:20 AM
9 Second Club

yeah must see pics.... if you can make a hood that looks like wormboys hood for an LT1 camaro with the quad headlights i don't care if it's a grand...
Old 07-04-2006, 01:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MUSTANGEATER
Sweet, can't wait to see pics of the hoods...
Agreed
Old 07-04-2006, 07:47 AM
The Bull

I'll have pics of the pin on hoods for 98 and up Camaro and WS6 style raised cowl. We also have one for the notch style Mustang. I'll get some photos of those up today.

As far as the LT1 hoods, I don't have any pictures of them. We'll have to check with Joe to see if he can point us to someone who has one to get a photo of it. I'll also check to see if he has LT1 style front and rear bumpers. Those prices are fairly standard for all bumpers on all makes and models. I'm guessing at this point that he does make them.

As far as the difference in the price, his product is a well constructed and high quality piece. Not saying that VFN's is not, but for what he puts into it he does demand a higher premium for his product. As far as the hoods go, in comparison with the 5" raised cowl VFN and Joe Van O's hood they are radically different. Joe's hoods are more contoured and carry the body lines of the car better. When I get the photos up you'll see what I mean. But in general the hoods are smoother looking and the surfaces are not flat or angular. It's a pretty attractive piece of work.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Way to go Stenod! I get calls for these occasionally. Nice to know someone will be selling them besides Joe
Old 07-04-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

ill definitly be interested, cant wait to see pics
Old 07-04-2006, 01:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the weight of the front bumpers?
Thanks
Old 07-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned

i had a question about the front bumper also, is it a 1 piece design with bumper and fenders or just the bumper? also, does it extend up higher than the stock bumper (such as the VFN bumper) which requires a different style hood?
Old 07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
The Bull

We'll have to get the weights of the front bumpers from Joe Van O. I don't have the numbers handy here. The bumper design as listed is a bolt on equivalent to a factory bumper, which includes no fenders. He also makes a Pro Stock front clip that includes the fenders. His front bumper should end where it is supposed to.

Some trimming of the pieces may be required too. For example, the hoods are intentionally a little long so that you can trim it to fit back to your glass rather than being short against the bumper.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by DERTY
I'll have pics of the pin on hoods for 98 and up Camaro and WS6 style raised cowl. We also have one for the notch style Mustang. I'll get some photos of those up today.

As far as the LT1 hoods, I don't have any pictures of them. We'll have to check with Joe to see if he can point us to someone who has one to get a photo of it. I'll also check to see if he has LT1 style front and rear bumpers. Those prices are fairly standard for all bumpers on all makes and models. I'm guessing at this point that he does make them.

As far as the difference in the price, his product is a well constructed and high quality piece. Not saying that VFN's is not, but for what he puts into it he does demand a higher premium for his product. As far as the hoods go, in comparison with the 5" raised cowl VFN and Joe Van O's hood they are radically different. Joe's hoods are more contoured and carry the body lines of the car better. When I get the photos up you'll see what I mean. But in general the hoods are smoother looking and the surfaces are not flat or angular. It's a pretty attractive piece of work.
Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Very interested in the front nose, especially if I can get it smoothed w/o the foglights.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

would love to see pics of camaro hood, I'm assuming its not a Z28 stock type
Old 07-05-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Mike<---------- Soon to be spending money @ Stenod Performance!

Derty, in your honest opinion, aside from strength and weight difference, is the carbon fiber products ie; wing and hood worth spending the extra money over the fiberglass? Is the quality the same cf vs fg?
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Dave Underwood's Camaro has the hood and front and rear bumpers. One thing about the rear bumper for the Camaro is that it does not "close out" above the tail lights inside the hatch. That is, when you lift the hatch you can see down into the area where the tail lights are. The factory bumper has that black plastic close-out there.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:06 PM
The Bull

In my opinion, for the money a fiberglass hood can get the job done. It comes with enough bracing underneath to support it with the trade off being a few pounds. If you want a hood without the single beam brace (it looks like a small I beam) underneath it, the light weight CF option eliminates that. This works well for cars that need to use all the underhood clearance or for cars that are going to run the Pro Stock hood scoops where the scoop braces the hood.

The rear bumper in fiberglass is also a good setup when the weight isn't the biggest issue. Assuming that you have a full belly pan so that air doesn't get up against the bumper it should be fine. If you have the bumper out there with no belly pan you will need to brace it. Todd is spot on about the close out at the top of the bumper. If you are running a Pro Stock wing on a Firebird, that will close it out for you.

When it comes to the front bumper, I would strongly consider CF instead. One of the best aspects of a CF front end is that it is structurally stable at speed with minimal bracing. A FG front bumper would need more bracing to maintain its shape at 200 MPH. Nothing worse than a top end photo where your front end is all smashed up!

I ended up getting the CF wing so that it would be more rigid at speed with the down force on it. I also wanted to clear coated CF to show through on mine so that it carried the CF theme from the interior to the exterior. My driver seat is CF, so are the tubs as well as the center and rear belly pans.

The parts that I have for my car are a FG hood and bumper and CF clear coated wing. I'm going to be getting a CF Pro Stock front end (front bumper and fenders in one piece) as well as a couple other parts that we are going to get done custom. The tubs in my car are from Cynergy Composites and we also can offer those or the same style tubs from Joe Van O. My Cynergy tubs are SFI approved, I'm not exactly sure if Joe's are or not. That's something I'll have to ask him.

As far as quality goes, you cannot easily tell the difference between his CF and FG parts. I'll be posting some pictures we took last night here in a little bit. For the most part you will not be able to tell which parts are CF from those that are FG. They are all top notch. The rest of the decision is based on personal choice and weight savings.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:00 PM
The Bull

Here is the raised cowl Firebird hood.

Last photo courtesy of GoDragRacing.com. The front facia on the Firebird is also a CF piece.

Here's the Camaro hood.

The last two images are of Ray Sanchez's Camaro courtesy of GM High Tech Performance. You'll notice the gel coat on one is sanded already. They come pretty close to ready to paint.

Here are some pics of the rear bumper for a Camaro.

Here's pics of a Camaro CF wing in clear coat.

Here's a comparison of a Firebird wing and a Camaro wing. The size difference is due to the way they get mounted to the car for the most part. They can also be ordered in specific lengths if you know what size you need. If you don't know, let us know and we'll get one sized properly for your application.

These two wings are for a Firebird. One is in the standard gel coat while the other is the optional clear coat. Also shown are the spill plates and a shot of the wicker.

I hope that's enough pictures for you guys to get an idea at least for those items. I still need to find a LT1 style hood picture if he has one.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Launching!

I WILL DEFINATELY BUY AN LT1 HOOD IF THEY LOOK AS GOOD AS THE LS1 HOODS!!!!WOW!!!!.....IF not...I will convert to a 98 up front..THOSE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:34 PM
9 Second Club

I second that on the LT1 hoods.... PUUUUUUULEASE make something in the 5" cowl for LT1 camaros and i'll be placing my order very soon.....

I want my car to stand out from the traditional 2 and 4" VFN's and this would most definitely do it.....

Quick Reply: Joe Van O Race Car Body Parts available at Stenod Performance