Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ET Streets + Stock GTO + stock Clutch???

Old 07-13-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ET Streets + Stock GTO + stock Clutch???

Hey guys I am going to be running a 04 GTO M6 for my uncle at the track, and the only mod to the car is a set of ET Streets and some wheels for them. How do you think the clutch will hold up, there is only 5K miles on the car at this time. Do I risk going high in the rpm's out of the hole? I only ran my SS with a stock clutch once and it was bad before I got to the track!!

Dan
Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLPSS99
Hey guys I am going to be running a 04 GTO M6 for my uncle at the track, and the only mod to the car is a set of ET Streets and some wheels for them. How do you think the clutch will hold up, there is only 5K miles on the car at this time. Do I risk going high in the rpm's out of the hole? I only ran my SS with a stock clutch once and it was bad before I got to the track!!

Dan
Many things can happen, only one of which is good (ET), the rest will cost money!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try not to lauch to high on the rpms cause that rear is the weak link . Just wondeirng what the weight of the GTO also ?
Other than that you should have fun !
Old 07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be careful Dan. How is your rearend situation looking? Do you still have your true duals laying around?

Search this Thread