Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few pics from the start of my build

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Few pics from the start of my build

Thought i'd share a few pics from the start of my Z28 build. Being that this is my first full car build any and all comments are welcome, or post up some of your expeiences of little things you found along the way in your build ups. I just finished up the suspension first; Moser 12-bolt, Spohn TA, BMR sub frames/K-member/Panhard, Spohn LCA's, Strange shocks all around, Aerospace Drag Brakes all around, UMI upper/lowe A-arms, Madman Manual rack
Now i'm moving onto installing the 10 pt. cage / mini tubs, after that i'm going to install a mock-up motor/trans so i can start plumbing the fuel / brake lines, next will be the wireing/gauges/computer. and finally the final piece of the puzzle the motor.

I only get to work on it in the free time i get some evenings or the weekends so it will take some time to finish but i am having fun. w/ what little i have been doing so far i have gained a lot of rerspect for all the work the guys like MADMAN,W2W,NRC, etc. who do this day to day on bigger builds than this.

JR
Attached Thumbnails Few pics from the start of my build-engine-bay1.jpg   Few pics from the start of my build-engine-bay2.jpg   Few pics from the start of my build-interior1.jpg   Few pics from the start of my build-interior2.jpg   Few pics from the start of my build-interior3.jpg  

Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking Good. I'd get rid of any bracket or any piece of metal that wasn't needed. Every little bit will help and its much easier to get rid of weight/pieces when you've got everything apart.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck! Looks good.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Reminds me of my car........
Old 09-09-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

You've got the easy/cheap part done. She's tore down. Puttin her back together is whats kickin my butt!! LOL!
Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

thanks for the comments guys, i'm looking forward to the reassembly cause it kills me to see it sitting there in pieces

JR