Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want M6 N2O launching input please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Want M6 N2O launching input please.

OK, I have been testing and tuning on the street for a while and I'm ready to take it to the track. I just want to get any launching input from anyone that has been in similar shoes. I'm running a 125 wet shot set to come on @ 3250 on WOT, I have some M/T 26X10x15 slicks but have never used them (not even on the street), had rear spring issues but got that fixed now. I now have Eibach pro front springs and V6 springs in the rear with the heater hose mod performed on them. My shift light comes on @ 6200 but the N2O is set to cut off @ 6000, I dont have any N2O delay set either. Do I need to change anything, should I leave @ 3k the first time and then make small increases from there? I welcome all advice. TIA!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set the on pill at 3K and smash it right off the line. It starts spraying about five feet out. The off is set about 200 rpm after shifting.

If your worried you could set it to come on a little later and work your way down to 3K.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

with out a delay your going to need to just try it out and see what works
Old 09-14-2006, 09:28 AM
CARTEK Racing

I used to run spray a few years back on my first H/C set up. It was only a wet 75shot.

The Window Switch was set to 3000 - 6600 and I was shifting at 6200. I launched the car on 26x10.5 15 M/T Drags at 5000rpm. The spray was on the WHOLE TIME. From the launch to just about the finish line. I had 4.10 gears so the spray would turn off at 6600rpm about 80' from the traps. I stayed in it on motor till the 7000rpm rev limiter kicked in a hair before the traps.

My best 60' was a 1.41 and 10.70 @ 128 was best pass on the juice and old H/C. Im faster then that just H/C now LOL, but boy did I live nitrus!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
I used to run spray a few years back on my first H/C set up. It was only a wet 75shot.

The Window Switch was set to 3000 - 6600 and I was shifting at 6200. I launched the car on 26x10.5 15 M/T Drags at 5000rpm. The spray was on the WHOLE TIME. From the launch to just about the finish line. I had 4.10 gears so the spray would turn off at 6600rpm about 80' from the traps. I stayed in it on motor till the 7000rpm rev limiter kicked in a hair before the traps.

My best 60' was a 1.41 and 10.70 @ 128 was best pass on the juice and old H/C. Im faster then that just H/C now LOL, but boy did I live nitrus!
Your old setup is so similar to mine now, I have 4.10's and a 26" MT slick too. I have a feeling I'll be using 5th gear on the sauce now.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks everyone for the input I need all the help I can get!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 AM
10 Second Club

Well here's what happened:

Well I'm a little let down with the way everything went saturday @ RRR but glad I got to go and
learn a little more about my car and data logged a little with the LM1 so at least I collected valuable info on how my car's doing (pig rich). I only got to make 3 passes the whole night due to the bracket racing but still gained a lot from the trip. The first past I dumped the clutch @ 4200 and bogged bad, then lifted out of it twice because I never before ran on slicks and felt like the constant swaying of the rear end was about to send me into the wall. That run I got a 1.7 60' but only ran a 12.50 @ 111 (didnt spray yet) . The second run I made all motor still trying to get yoused to the sway of the slicks I left @ 5800, had no wheel spin but still granny'd it down the track. I bogged on that pass too and only ran a 12.40 with a 1.8 60' @114. I guess my trap was down due to me driving careful, the colder nitrous plugs, and the humidity. The final pass I was going to spray since the whole point of going to the track was to see how the car did on the nitrous all the way down the track. I set a .8 sec delay, and was rushed to heat up the bottle (I had been storing it on ice). I got the bottle up to about 925 PSI which is a little low since I usually loose 50 lbs in the line when I open the valve but I still wanted to give it a try. I left @ 5900 this time, still no wheel spin but it still bogged to 2800 so the window switch wouldnt allow the car to leave on the spray or even close. Felt the nitrous hit softly in 1st gear shifted into second barked the slicks and then I thought I had broken my drive shaft because right as the tires barked second the engine reved and the car coasted, I guess the tranny didnt like second gear cause it spit it out. The bottle pressure must have been way to low because my AFR was in the 9's on the bottle. Anyway I had to call it a night because it was getting late for me to have to drive all the way home but was still very happy I got to get comfortable with the slicks making the car gently sway back and forth all the way down the 1320'. Next month I plan to go again on the 14th and hopefully be a lot more prepared.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

What pressure did you have in the slicks? Are you running radials up front?

What helped me was locking my left arm against the door armrest when making a pass. Sometimes you shift so violently you actually shake the steering wheel slightly causing the car to sway.

11-12psi cold is very stable for me on slicks.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
What pressure did you have in the slicks? Are you running radials up front?

What helped me was locking my left arm against the door armrest when making a pass. Sometimes you shift so violently you actually shake the steering wheel slightly causing the car to sway.

11-12psi cold is very stable for me on slicks.
LOL! I had that problem with jerking the wheel a little when I shifted too. My buddy made fun of me for it enough that now I make it a point not to do that. The same friend was there with me and watching me, he told me that the nature of slicks on a heavy car would be to sway a little but the first pass I mad I woud try to "steer" the car down the track and compensate for the swaying with the steering wheel. This I was told only hurt me so I tried again, pointed the nose of the car to the end of the track and just held it steady and went with the sway and it did a lot better. I was running regular street wheels and good years with 35 psi up front and 15 psi in back in the slicks. Traction was never an issue, the car bogged everytime I launched. Now I gotta figure out how to launch and still be in the power band.