Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

befor and after 60 foot times.....with installing your roll bar??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default befor and after 60 foot times.....with installing your roll bar??

as ive read that when you put your cage or bar in it helps out! has anyone actualy seen a gaid or test this out??
Old 09-15-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

I'm wondering the same thing, it seems it would because of how much stiffer the car is.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know this is an old thread to resurrect, but i found it through the SEARCH function and it applies to the question I have. The only problem is.....there are no replies! So, here it is for a second go around!

Basically, I have a low 12 second car with SLP bolt in diamond subframe connectors. I placed a tack weld (actually more of a stitch weld) on each of the mounting points so they don't move around and I think I'm still flexing like crazy. I know the car has an 11 second pass in her (sans tranny problems), but I can't get my 60's out of the 1.7's. I ran the same 60's with 2.73's and no suspension mods! One thing that I noticed is that on each rear quarter panel directly above the rear wheels the panels are wrinkled. I imagine this is from flex. My car isn't fast enough to require a roll bar, I don't really plan to bring it to that level (getting married and just bought a house) and it is my primary transportation. My question is; will one of those 4 point street bars stiffen the car up enough to maybe stop some of the flex and possibly net me that ever elusive 11 second run? Any input would be appreciated!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 points do absolutely nothing for tying the front and rear subframes together. They are a good idea if you need to mount some 5 point harnesses but that's about it.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:35 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Main purpose of a roll bar/cage is driver safety. You can add as many bars as you want to help stiffen the car and naturally any well designed bar will help with chassis flex to some extent. But a bolt in 5 point most likely wont do anything where a well designed 10pt cage may hep some.

I highly doubt your car will run 'faster' with one if thats the only thing you change, adding 70-130lbs to the car will usually hurt more then a little chassis flex as far as ETs..
Old 03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's kinda what I figured. Thanks guys!