Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tubeless drag tire ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tubeless drag tire ?

I noticed that on my MT ET Drags (which I run tubeless) when I am not using them they loose air faster than any street tire I have seen. Is this normal ?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

dunno, mine lost a good amount of air tho as well
Old 10-02-2006, 11:48 PM
8 second club

Normal, Slicks with no tubes loose air alot faster. At the track my tires vary alot more through out the day with no tubes also. Still not worth the extra weight of tubes IMO.

We usually lightly coat the inside of the side walls with palmolive or some kind of liquid soap. After its aired up and before it dries it helps plug up the microscopic holes and helps them hold air better.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

What he said, very common. Don't sweat it, and don't use the glue crap either.

Make sure you fill up before towing home, very bad to tow a car at race pressure.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G&HRacing
Normal, Slicks with no tubes loose air alot faster. At the track my tires vary alot more through out the day with no tubes also. Still not worth the extra weight of tubes IMO.

We usually lightly coat the inside of the side walls with palmolive or some kind of liquid soap. After its aired up and before it dries it helps plug up the microscopic holes and helps them hold air better.

Some rims will allow for more pressure loss than others. It can also happen when the slicks get to their life's end or the sidewalls are broken down. I had a set of slicks loss all their air within 3 days when I had 130 runs on them b/c the sidewalls were shot. New set with 30 runs hold all the air for one week.

Derek