Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 point bar legal??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5 point bar legal??

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if a 5 point bar is IHRA legal and to what E.T.Would it be the same as a 6 point?
BTLFEDSS
Old 10-07-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would think that it would be because in the NHRA the 5 point is legal for 11.49 car that are good to i believe 10.00 flat, i may be wrong tho, from there on however i believe its a 10 point thats necessary
Old 10-07-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BTLFEDSS
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if a 5 point bar is IHRA legal and to what E.T.Would it be the same as a 6 point?
BTLFEDSS
yes its good to 10.00 bob

this is just a little paragragh i made a while back,about pts, of cages and rollbars[under 10.0 you do need a cage]
the right way to find out what you guys need to no is contact your division headquarters be it nhra/ihra they are the ones who make the rules ,or contact a competent shop who build cars ,also a lot of guys are calling roll bars cages this is also wrong [this is quite common]so when some one calls for quote first we have to find out what they are talking about :drivepro
heres a paragraph i made for the fast ls1 site [it is also post in ls1 tech a few times as people asked ] alot of people are useing the wrong terminoligy] ,a cage is a cage and a roll bar is a roll bar[a roll bar can have 5pts 6pts 7pts and8 pts,a cage can have 6 pt ,8,10 12pts] a lot of people call up for cages and their trying to ask for roll bars its a common mistake
,most cages are actualy are 6pt unless 2 diagnal bars go to tunnel or frame connectors[before everyone jumps on me the 2 side bars usually go to the front uprights so unless you have the 2 diags like i said and they are mandatory when a cage is put on plates[pge 209 of rule book see diag. read D] if its a chassis car[ ie chevelle,malibu,corvetteanything with a full frame under it]the cage then has to be mounted to the chassis and dosnt require the 2 diags to tunnel. what else is needed are ,a window net,padding anywhere drivers helmet can contact[pge 203], and the instaler should put tabs for required shoulder harness [so its bolted to spine bar and cannot slip off you in case of accident]and if you go faster than 9.99 a chassis cert that should cover the basics hope this helps. bob

Last edited by NRC-Motorsports; 10-07-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks
BTLFEDSS