Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery relocation, shutoff switch???

Old 10-10-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default battery relocation, shutoff switch???

im thinking of putting the battery in the spare tire compartment in my T/A, but i plan to go to the track at least a few times a year, so where would u guys suggest running a discrete shut off switch that will pass tech, not be hard to install and not break my bank? thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shut off switch should be very visable in case it needs to be turned off quickly. That is the whole purpose of the switch. It has to kill the car if you have two batteries. Many guys do not do that right.

For it to be legal it has to either be in a battery box of (I hope I remember this right) of .024 steel or .032 aluminum vented to the outside. If you do not use a battery box there must be a "firewall" of .024 steel or .032 aluminum. In stock we screw a sheet to the package compartment cover and you are pretty much legal. We also have a full size battery in the front.

Why the hell do you want those fumes in there anyway on a street car? The ILLUSION of any gains will not be worth the additional weight added for the cables to hook it up.

Leave it in the factory location and you do not have to worry about a switch or the fumes. If you feel the need get a light battery you will be better off.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails battery relocation, shutoff switch???-p4164802.jpeg  

Last edited by STOCK1090; 10-11-2006 at 05:46 AM.

Search this Thread