Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front suspension questions.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front suspension questions.

Car is 50/50 strip/street basically. I need to work on the weight transfer a little. It has stock springs and shocks on all 4's. I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave the rear as is and was thinking of just adding QA1's up front on the stock springs.

Have any of you guys done that? And should I go with the F series or R series shock? I'm not sure how the R will handle on the street.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Dan I put the 12 ways on the rear and the R series on the front.. with all 4 shocks set on 5 the car handles very much like it did with the stock shocks on the car, 6 is a little stiffer then stock IMO.

I'd do all 4 just so you have the tunablilty.. speed engineering had a special going on a while back on all 4, I'd try contacting them to see what they can get them to you for, I'd post what I paid but I don't know if the special is still going on and don't want to get anyone in trouble.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are plenty of guys that have swapped the front until they made it to the rears and seen great results, but obviously swapping both front and rear would be better
Old 10-16-2006, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool thanks guys.

So JL your using the stock springs? I guess the R series it the way to go then.

I'd like to do all 4 but I may only do the fronts for now.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

yes I have the stock springs on all 4 corners on my car. I used the BMR spring cups on the front shocks too, somethign you'll want to pick up if you want to sue the stock springs, they are cheap, about 65 bucks I think from BMR.

I do have more tuning to do on my car though... not sure if you saw the video of the one full pass.. but the car spun bad at the line, once it hooked everythign was good, front end popped up quick, just settled back down too quick.... I think the rear's are going harder next time out to start and the fronts are getting a notch looser, and the tires are going down to 10 psi, see what that gets me.

One way or another, it is getting to a 10.xx on motor LOL. the 70 lbs that came out from the last time it got run, might help too heh heh.

Search this Thread