Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

900rwhp clutch??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 900rwhp clutch??

which clutch do you guys recomend for a heavy 408ci,300 shot,street car..

if you say exedy twin disk i will laugh..The one in the car now wont even hold it on motor..
Old 11-23-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

I would say the new multi disk textralia. The single disk is rated for 700rwtq, and seems to hold more than that, so I would guess the multidisk should work even better.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

make that 2 votes for the Exo Skel from Textralia, i have the single and love it
Old 11-23-2006, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Exoskel or Automatic.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

What is the soft lock....

BTW: were talking 6500rpm launchs on 28in tires....I want something thats going to rip my head of when I launch..To be honest..I've tried alot of clutchs and the only one I've been saticefide with is RAM...I want somethin thats strip proven with this kind of power..
Old 11-23-2006, 05:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ram....i've had two rams go out on me both in around 1,000mi. i've had seven clutches and so far only the spec st3 + has lasted the longest.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good luck in finding one that lasts. You need a twin setup at a minimum. Something like the mccleod has held but you will be replacing the clutch annually at that power level. No one from what I can tell has found a street clutch that will hold that power on a hydrolic setup. If you are going to really be racing at the track you need to go auto.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE= If you are going to really be racing at the track you need to go auto.[/QUOTE]

Thats just plain dumb...I have a race car..This is my dads street car..Who ever told you that "you HAVE to go auto to drag race" just cant drive..

BTW: the car has a twin disk in it now..It wont even hold on the motor..
Old 11-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Banned

Brian, shoot DJ'S 99SS and ask him...his car made 880 to the wheels in 110heat spinning the tires.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:36 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah I would like to know this myself... I have worked with SPEC several times and i cannot get the clutch to engage and disengage fast enough during shifts... I have been looking at the texzilla and i have talked with Tim Tosto about his and we are both unhappy i know he runs a Ram... as far as launches i have had a few rev limitor dumps on mine with no problems its just shifting thats a bitch
Old 11-24-2006, 02:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
Brian, shoot DJ'S 99SS and ask him...his car made 880 to the wheels in 110heat spinning the tires.
The twin disk exoskel failed on DJs car quickly....They are now making him a TRIPLE-disk they promised will hold the power.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
Thats just plain dumb...I have a race car..This is my dads street car..Who ever told you that "you HAVE to go auto to drag race" just cant drive..

BTW: the car has a twin disk in it now..It wont even hold on the motor..
How is that dumb? You show me any 6m that cuts 60' times like an auto does consistantly and HOLDS and I will put that clutch in my car. If you are going to have a dedicated race car and are not willing to change your clutch every season your car will sit a long time. Clutches are wear items at the power level you want. And there is no "street" setup that is going to be simple to drive around town. I have destroyed my share of clutches and know from first hand experience that a strip clutch does not like the street or the constant heat the street puts into it.

And as far as the twin in it now it may just be shot. A single disk setup has not proven to hold more than 600 rwhp for any real length of time. We have many 500-600 rwhp cars here in central fl that have had good sucess with the mccleod twin setup but it will not last years. If you get two years out of one that is about as good as it gets.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
The twin disk exoskel failed on DJs car quickly....They are now making him a TRIPLE-disk they promised will hold the power.
This does not surprise me. With a triple disk setup it will be stupid expensive. It will probably be in the 1500-1600 range for the setup. I really wish that someone would figure out a way to go to a cable setup as many of the ford boys make stupid power and the clutch holds.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Banned

McCleod Street Twin has had good results.

Nate
Old 11-24-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by pushinfreight
How is that dumb? You show me any 6m that cuts 60' times like an auto does consistantly and HOLDS and I will put that clutch in my car. If you are going to have a dedicated race car and are not willing to change your clutch every season your car will sit a long time. Clutches are wear items at the power level you want. And there is no "street" setup that is going to be simple to drive around town. I have destroyed my share of clutches and know from first hand experience that a strip clutch does not like the street or the constant heat the street puts into it.

And as far as the twin in it now it may just be shot. A single disk setup has not proven to hold more than 600 rwhp for any real length of time. We have many 500-600 rwhp cars here in central fl that have had good sucess with the mccleod twin setup but it will not last years. If you get two years out of one that is about as good as it gets.
This is something he knows..BTW, you're a tool.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Talon WS6
Mcleod Soft lock gets my vote
Thats what I had for one pass it slipped its *** off come to find out they say they sent me the wrong flywheel.

Also the spring cup broke 1700 dollars I wasn't very happy.

Do you have one of these in a 6spd car with stock hydraulics?
Old 11-25-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you guys are nuts for drag racing a 900 rwhp hydraulic clutch car lol

i tend to agree with pushin here. how many 1.3 60' t56 cars do we have that can do it over and over and over without pulling discs out constantly? sure we have a handful of guys that have pulled those kinds of 60' times but they are burning up clutches left and right. see all the examples in this post alone.

not saying it cant be done but obviously the faster stick cars aare getting tired of replacing these big dollar clutches and constantly being disappointed
Old 11-25-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
This is something he knows..BTW, you're a tool.
wow way to contribute. Make sure you know who you are talking about before you open your mouth keyboard cowboy.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pushinfreight
wow way to contribute. Make sure you know who you are talking about before you open your mouth keyboard cowboy.

lmfao!! calm down killla..I wanted to gather info on clutchs,not have my thread turn into a "mike(v6bird) make your realize how dumb you are thread..

I have a few f-bodys man and I'm fully aware of of what there capable of..
Alls I asked was which clutch will hold...I know a car will 60ft better (normally) with an auto..That doesn't mean if I'm going be running this car the 6 speed needs to come out.This is my dads "STREET" car...

BTW: the rear seal on the car was leaking so I'm thinking thats whythe cluch wasn't holding..I'm going to buy some disk and I'll decide if this exedy is really as big of a peice that I think it is..
Old 11-25-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spec makes a dual now and it has had real good results with more power than you are looking to run.

Quick Reply: 900rwhp clutch??