Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd Gen Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Gen Question

I know this is mainly a 4th gen based bored, and I asked the question on thirdgen.org but I figured many of you guys would know this answer also.
So I know on 4th gens you can narrow the rear and put a deep wheel with a BIG drag radial in a stock wheel well, Can you do the same on a 3rd gen?And if so does anyone know how much people cut off, what offsets and what not..
thanks guys!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

so no one knows anything about this?I find that hard to believe guys come on!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

well, my step dad has a third gen drag car and we have 29x12 slicks on it. which i think is about the same width as a 325 mt drag radial. we mini tubed it and offset the lower control arms.

anything that you can put on a fourth gen you can on a third. just need an inch less backspace if you are using the stock width rear.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls1LikeNoOther
I know this is mainly a 4th gen based bored, and I asked the question on thirdgen.org but I figured many of you guys would know this answer also.
So I know on 4th gens you can narrow the rear and put a deep wheel with a BIG drag radial in a stock wheel well, Can you do the same on a 3rd gen?And if so does anyone know how much people cut off, what offsets and what not..
thanks guys!

you can fit even more tire under a 3rdgen then a 4thgen...

the areas to watch are the lower front edge of the inside sheetmetal, and the bumpstop area.

with a grinder and hammer, you can make some very very large tires fit.