Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to line up rearend with adj. panhard bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default how to line up rearend with adj. panhard bar

Got a adjustible panhard bar today. How do i measure and make sure my rear is center with my car. Anyone got measuring points to go off of? I did notice that it looks like my rear is off to the left a bit more when i line it up with my sway bar. How do you guys go by doing this. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use a 36" level and stand it straight up against the tire or fender. Then measure. Go to the opposite side and remeasure. Then you know how much to move it.

225-343-9029
Old 01-10-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

thats what i was thinking but didnt know if that was accurate enough. But your the man so ill do it that way and call it a day.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a plumb bob on a string. I hang it from the top of the fender so that its close to being centered (by eyeball) in front of the axle hub. Tape the string in place with masking tape. Then measure from the edge of the plastic traingle piece behind each door window to the tape line. I duplicate that measurement on a piece of tape on the other side. (end up with a piece of tape on each fender marked with a reference measurement)

The above gives a reference point in the same spot on both sides so the curvature of the fender doesnt throw your measurements off.

Then measure from the axle hub (my wheels are without center caps) to the string on each side and adjust accordingly.

The reason for doing it the way I do is because my TA has those cuuurrrrvvvy rear fenders and Ive had them throw my measurement off by at least an 1/8" from side to side.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used my keys tied to a string instead of the plumb bob. I take my measurement from the rim out to the string. I hold the string above the curvature of the fender so the string dangles over the fender.

Make sure the suspension is loaded when you do it.