Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

probebly a old question but...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default probebly a old question but...

Ok I need to get new tires this year. I didnt get it out last summer due to a devorce but I had mt et streets. 26-11.5-15's on 10 rims. I had to run it about 20psi to get a full contact path. if I went under 20 it would be dark on the outside and nothing in the middle or real light if anything. I know its better to have them aired down for the sie wall but you also want a full contact path.

So my question is what tire? mt et street, and run it aover 20? or a hooser 27-11-15?

also would the rim be a factor? should I go 8" to squeez in so it crowns more naturally then air down? I am in no hurry right now but want to know before I order in a month or so. Thanks
Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you actually want as much air in them as possible. if it takes 20 psi to get a full contact patch then thats what you need to run. with less air you will be using more sidewalll but that will wear out your sidewalls faster too. switching to a taller tire will give you obviously give you more sidewall. you will also get a wider contact patch with the wider rim.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

The problem is I cant get it to hook at that psi. I didnt know how the hoosers hook thats why I was aking about switching. I was thinking the rims were to wide for the ets. I read in summit the 10.5 were for a 10 rim and the 11.5 were for a 8" rim?

I know I want them harder for better control on the top end and more mph. but I dont think the sidewall gives much at that psi.

I dont have the gear for a 28" tire but the 26's just wont hook with a 5500 bottle launch. lol
Old 02-06-2007, 01:18 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

after thinking about it, a 10" rim is a little wide for a 26" et street. that is not a very wide tire. if it were an et drag i would stay with the wider rim. since you plan on sticking with the smaller et street, it probably would benefit you to use an 8" rim instead. or if you are getting different tires anyway, go with the taller tire and something a little wider so it fits the 10" rim better.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

What would you recomend? mt doesnt have a 27" and like I said I dont know if I have enough for a 28". Its put down 500rwhp on the bottle but only 325 on the motor. Do you think the hoosers are bigenough and if they are do they hook as well or better then the mt's? Its more for the street than the track but I am going to try and get to the track a lot more this year. Thanks again.