Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help my technique

Old 02-19-2007, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help my technique

Bone stock 6-speed c5. I've never been to the strip, did a couple of launches on lonely roads. I'd like to go when they reopen.

Having trouble with the launches. I rev up to about 2-2500 and then let the clutch out as I give it gas. The car lurches with side-to-side action and gets squirrely on me. I don't get very far. It seems like I just lay down two black marks, no smoke, the car goes side-to-side, forward about ten feet, and I bang off the rev limiter. Traction Control hurts things too, is this common on hard launches? Do I need to go faster or slower off the clutch? Do I rev it to one speed and keep it constant then let go (like put it at 2500 at 1/5 throttle) or do I give it full gas and then let off the clutch (like gas it 100% throttle and then let go when it passes 2500). Just lots of questions/confusion. The last time I'm not so sure I didn't have some wheel hop and I've heard about the axles breaking that way so I don't want that. Lots of questions, lots of confusion, hopefully lots of answers. Thank you.

Search this Thread