Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag wise: is the spherical ends LCA worth it !

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag wise: is the spherical ends LCA worth it !

am in the process of building a race car , intensive searching on the stuff am ganna get was done. i just have a straight forward question.

in LCA , i definately need adjustable ones for many reasons , but is it worth to pay extra 40 dollars to get the spherical rod ended LCA , or just go with the poly/poly and safe my money.

i will be launching the car some where between 4500-5000 rpms .. will the sphericals help me lower my sixty over the polys ?

i dont care about the noise that will be coming because of the spherical ends use. i will not be using the car often on streets.

hope i was clear ,
thank you.

Last edited by Brainful; 03-18-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spherical rod ends are without doubt the best technical solution. You may not need them but if you have them you have eliminated any doubts about your LCAs. Their noise can be annoying and you need to keep them clean and lubricated.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Teching In

thank you gary for yor input , as i was searching , SMJ guy said something needs to be considered .. " spherical rod ended componants (LCA, PHR) should be considered consumable just like tires " !!!

ok the car will just fire 2-3 times a month for a track or driven to an event , how much time they need to worn !!

let me put my self clear here through this example :

i have a car that cuts the sixty in 1.45 with poly/poly adjustable LCA , the next run i took the polys and intalled a ROD/ROD adjustable LCA , will my sixty improve ?
Old 03-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Teching In

anyone wanna share
Old 03-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm sure the rod ends will not hurt you. I have had a set on my car for abotu 12K, and they haven't worn at all (good weather/road conditions car though)

Will you see an instant imporvment? Maybe maybe not, only one way to find out. If you for some reason see a decrease in performance, rest assured tehre was a bind in the poly stuff that was hiding an issue.

Free moving suspension is always good, having any type of bind in suspension travel is never a good thing.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I'm sure the rod ends will not hurt you. I have had a set on my car for abotu 12K, and they haven't worn at all (good weather/road conditions car though)

Will you see an instant imporvment? Maybe maybe not, only one way to find out. If you for some reason see a decrease in performance, rest assured tehre was a bind in the poly stuff that was hiding an issue.

Free moving suspension is always good, having any type of bind in suspension travel is never a good thing.
can you clarify what "bind" means ? do u mean squeezing ?
so what are you using now ?

Last edited by Brainful; 03-18-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,098 Likes on 721 Posts

I think when the cars get real fast that folks go to spherical rod ends so that they don't worry about poly bushing wearing out or distorting. I went to Burkhardt spherical LCA's and PHB a year ago.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Teching In

thanks for the reply guys , what else do you have guys , ,
if you can`t add to the subject just tell us what kind you are using and for how long .
Old 03-19-2007, 04:50 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been running eastside lca
s and phb for 4 years now and no problems at all. They make theirs with a teflon lined rod end that circle track cars use, they hold up very well.

The bind I am referrign to is the fact that the poly will not twist and travel easily, imagine the car is trying to roll over some, teh poly bushings could be helping to stop that rather then a sway bar, but as the bushing wear, they will allow the chassis to roll over more.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:11 AM
10 Second Club

I was cutting fairly consistant mid 1.4X's with a best of 1.42 and swapped over to rod ends from poly. I saw no gain. my best 60 was then 1.43 and seemed consistantly a few .01 slower in the 60'. I don't know that I ever got it fully tuned though. I wouldn't expect much if any improvement.