Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Guys---get Your A$$ In Here

Old 05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Location: I got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbells!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Guys---get Your A$$ In Here

My car is at Speed Inc. in Schaumburg, and Larry is having a huge problem with the drag seat that is in it right now. It sits way to far back for anybody to safely drive the car for break in and trouble shooting my new motor.

So here it goes, could one of you possibly rent a stock camaro, firebird seat to me, and drop it off at Speed Inc?? I will get you a gift certificate, a bottle of booze or whatever you need. It will cost me a fortune to ship a seat from Omaha to Chicago, plus it will take a couple of days.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, LET ME RENT YOUR STOCK SEAT FOR A WEEK OR SO. I'M DESPERATE!! JUST PM ME, OR CALL ME AT 402 305 4969 AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WILL NEED. BIG BOTTLE OF JACK, GIFT CERTIFICATE, JUST GET A SEAT OVER TO SPEED INC ASAP.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

bump for some help for this guy
Old 05-24-2007, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

...ttt
Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Free Bump

That's a gorgeous looking car in your sig - good luck with the Seat... wish I could help
Old 05-24-2007, 06:54 PM
12 Second Club

My car is over there also sending you a pm.

Ricky
Old 05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is hilarious....a speed shop that specializes in LS1 vehicles doesn't have another vehicle there with a drivers seat to use it? None of the employees own a camaro to use the seat for testing? How tall are you that the seat is "WAYYY" too far back for someone to drive it? The stock seats go within a few inches of the rear seat, so I cant imagine it physically being any further back than that.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Its a Kirkey seat, and its back against the rollbar. Its covered.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy hell. i'm 6'2" with LONG legs and my Kirkey doesn't sit anywhere near the roll bar, but then again i have it up closer than I would for normal driving by a good bit. I used to keep my stock seats all the way back as far as they could go, my legs are long.
none of the guys over there are very tall at speed, probably the problem. I think Dan is the tallest and he's still shorter than me.
the boys are speed are my good friends..if you can't find a seat, I could possibly go over there and see if I can safely drive the car for you with Jim in the car or something? Might be easier. I have a feeling i'd be able to drive it. Jim doesn't usually go for test rides with someone else driving, but he will with me driving, done it a number of times..
I'll be out of town for the holiday weekend, but I'll have my laptop with me. PM me for my cell, etc if you'd like. will be glad to help if I can bro
Old 05-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Its all been taken care of, thanks for the offers to help. The seat was just tossed in the car 10 minutes before I loaded it on the trailer here in Nebraska to take to Schuamburg. It's not even bolted to the floor yet. I can drive it with the seat all the way back to the rollbar because I'm 6'5" and I'm built like "Refrigerator Perry".

And I don't blame them for not just taking a seat out of another customers car. Would you mind if they just walked over, and started removing yours without even asking?? They needed something for more then a day or two. They needed a seat in there for a couple of weeks.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

beautiful car man, glad everything worked out for ya!

Search this Thread