Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Mounting Position

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Mounting Position

I know this is a bit off topic, but I consider this board to have one of the best drag racing tech sections around, so I wanted to post it here. I have a 91 S10 Pickup that i have done a complete restoration to, and I have added a fuel cell mounted underneath the bed and such. What I wanted to know is if it would be NHRA legal to mount my battery box between the rearend housing and the fuel cell? (see picture, where the jackstands currently are sitting, and yes there is enough room to mount the box there) It would almost be impossible for the rearend to contact the battery box, so it is safe that way, but I was specifcally looking for a tech spec that says where and how it is to be mounted.

Here is a pic of the setup, let me know what you guys think. I do not want to mount the box in the bed.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not even one reply?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have my '07 book in front of me, but I believe it says any relocation from stock position must be attached/bolted to frame and legal shut off/kill switch required.

Looks like that's a good spot if fabricated so that it's easily accessable. If it were me, I'd run leads from the posts back through the valence for charging purposes. Dunno if exhaust heat will affect it. May or may not be something to consider-

Last edited by SLowETz; 06-17-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It'll be fine there. Just make sure you make easy to get out once the beds on, in case you ever have to change it.