Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! I am rolling through my brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! I am rolling through my brakes

I'll start by saying that i am pretty sure what is causing my problem-my cam. It isnt huge, but has a bit of overlap (110 lsa) and i dont pull much vac, in fact, i only pull 10 inches at idle (compared to stock of 16). I have weak brakes all around because of it but it is most noticeable when i try to stall up my car. I have a yank 3600 stall and if i rev it to anything more than ~2200 with my DRs on, i will simply roll forward. Is there anything i can do that would be cheaper than a vac pump to help alleviate this problem? Much thanks guys!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried a vacuum canister on mine. There was really no where it put it and you can't really put a long hose on it because it will suck in more the longer it is. It was really a pita. I gave up on it. I did change my brake lines from rubber to stainless steel after that. It was a slight improvement but not a fix. The thing that finally made it hold on the line was going from a 3500 converter to a 4400 converter. The problem I was having was that to get a good light I had to stall it to 2300 rpm and with the 3500converter once I got to around 2150 it started pulling thru the lights. Now with the 4400 stall I can launch at around 3000 rpm and get a good light and it won't pull thru untill about 3600 RPM now.

Even with taking care of that problem. I believe it would still be a lot better and easier to get more consistant lauches with a vacuum pump. I have thought about going to manual brakes but I am afraid of the chance that they may not hold again and it would be a step backwards. I plan on changing to a Tbrake and manual brakes next year, but if I was not I would do a vacuum pump.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:03 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

I went with manual brakes. It fixed the issue and it holds the car solid until it slides the tires through the beams. The car isn't near as touchy on street, but allows us to slide into the beams easy.

It will stop if you need it to. If my skinny *** legs will do it, anybodys will be able to pull it off.lol
Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
I went with manual brakes. It fixed the issue and it holds the car solid until it slides the tires through the beams. The car isn't near as touchy on street, but allows us to slide into the beams easy.

It will stop if you need it to. If my skinny *** legs will do it, anybodys will be able to pull it off.lol
Well in that case I would say manual brakes for the win!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:57 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brickonwheels
I'll start by saying that i am pretty sure what is causing my problem-my cam. It isnt huge, but has a bit of overlap (110 lsa) and i dont pull much vac, in fact, i only pull 10 inches at idle (compared to stock of 16). I have weak brakes all around because of it but it is most noticeable when i try to stall up my car. I have a yank 3600 stall and if i rev it to anything more than ~2200 with my DRs on, i will simply roll forward. Is there anything i can do that would be cheaper than a vac pump to help alleviate this problem? Much thanks guys!
Change over to manual brakes and forget about it.

Coach
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is needed to do this?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Call up Madman at Thunder racing and he will hook you up. He did my set up. Works great.

Coach