Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wolfe 6PT install????

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 01:20 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolfe 6PT install????

Got my Wolfe 6pt in this weekend, sanded, painted (except the weld areas) and reading the rules, it must be welded to 6x6 plates. Like everyone else, I have 2, 6x6 plates and 4, 3x6 plates. It looks like a 6x6 can be up front, and then in the back, and make a "L" out of the 3x6 on the hoop-One against the side of the rocker, and one on floor of the rocker, is this right? Couldnt find any pics on the search, so need to get this info in the next few hours as I will be welding it in, in less than 8hrs. TIA, Charlie.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Restricted User

Default Re: Wolfe 6PT install????

ttt
Old 06-02-2003, 05:59 PM
FormerVendor

Charlie:

YOu should have recieved 2 6"x6" plates those are for the rear bars. YOu should also have recieved 8 3"x6" plates. Those are for the front bars and the main hoop. We put one flat on the floor and one up the rocker, as you described we create and L.

If you did not recieve 8 3"x6" plates e-mail me and we will get them out right away.

Dan techsupport@wolferacecraft.com
Old 06-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Restricted User

Yep my bad, got the 8, i typed 6 earlier, but yeah there are 6. Was curious, thought this was the legfal way to do it, but wanna make sure. Also, how much of the plate can NOT be welded legally? like the back legs normally sit right where the body panels are seam sealed in which case you cannot weld to it, are track officials as picky as I am, or is it an accepted thing? Thanks very much. BTW, NICE BARS!!!