Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo launching

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo launching

I have turbo car with t-brake would it be better to leave off theT- brake or I also have a 2-step activate this and leave off foot brake
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you tried both yet? Everyone can give you an opinion but I would try each method myself and find out.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Coal Mining Director

You want to use both tied to a relay. Let the 2step limit the rpm the tb will climb to for max boost at launch. I have my 2step set at 3100rpm and it will build 10psi quick with the tb on....just release the button and hold on.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chrismorales75
Have you tried both yet? Everyone can give you an opinion but I would try each method myself and find out.
I have tried both before but I just had a N2o converter. I now have a Chance converter built for my setup and was just lookingf for some opinions. I also here that launching off the t-brake is hard on the trans with a turbo. Will take it to the track friday and start getting some data on new converter old one just blew right threw.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by onfire
You want to use both tied to a relay. Let the 2step limit the rpm the tb will climb to for max boost at launch. I have my 2step set at 3100rpm and it will build 10psi quick with the tb on....just release the button and hold on.
Thats what I will probably try, I have a harlan -step I got it used from a friend If I hook this in conjuntion with my brake do I not use the yellow wire at all just the grey to ground and white to relay for brake is this correct?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:41 AM
8 Second Club

If i dont run a rev limit on the brake i dont know if it would ever dead stall i have went as high as 5100 befor just to see and it will hit it faster than you think plus if you want to be consestent at all with your launch you need to leave at the same rpm
Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taillights
Thats what I will probably try, I have a harlan -step I got it used from a friend If I hook this in conjuntion with my brake do I not use the yellow wire at all just the grey to ground and white to relay for brake is this correct?

Here ya go.................

2-step Installation and Operating Instructions

Chose the mounting location:

The wiring harness for the 2-step should provide you with enough flexibility to mount the control box in many locations. Chose a location that will allow you to route the harness to each coil pack on the engine while maintaining some slack in the harness to account for movement of the engine. Be sure to route the harness and mount the control box away from the exhaust and serpentine belt path.

Electrical Connections:

There are 3 parts to the wiring harness:
Coil pack connections (Large bundles terminated with connectors)
Activation inputs (Long white and gray wires)
Relay output (Short yellow wire)

Coil Pack Connectors:
The coil pack connections are made by intercepting the PCM control signals at the large gray connector in the center of each coil pack. The harness has 2 pairs of connectors, one pair for each bank. Unplug the connectors on both coil packs and jumper them using the paired connectors of the 2-step wiring harness. Either connector pair may be used on either engine bank.

Activation Inputs:
The 2 inputs can be used to provide two different modes of operation. Simple On/Off operation and latched operation.

On/Off Operation
On/Off operation allows the user to activate and de-active the 2-step manually.

White wire(Arming Switch): Momentary switch to ground.
Normally Open, close switch to active.
Gray Wire: Connect to ground or parallel with White wire

Latched Operation
Latched operation allows the user to either activate the 2-step manually, or “arm” the 2-step with deactivation based upon a secondary input. This is useful for manual transmission applications where the 2-step should deactivate when the clutch pedal is released, or in automatic transmission applications where the foot brake is used for staging.

White wire(Arming Switch): Momentary switch to ground.
Normally Open, close switch to active.
Gray wire(Hold Switch): Clutch pedal switch, foot brake switch, or custom.
Normally Closed to ground, open switch to active.

Relay Control Output:
The relay output provides a switched ground whenever the 2-step is armed or active. This can be used to deactivate a nitrous system that normally uses a wide open throttle switch for activation of the nitrous, or for an indicator that the 2-step is active

I have Harlans 2 step and mine is wired thru my TB. Im wanting another one to engage on the footbrake set lower to get boost coming up quicker and push me into the beams....and then arm the one on the TB when both bulbs are lit....

Kyle
Old 11-13-2007, 08:26 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I've been running the BS3 two step (internal) and using my trans brake. Two step enables you to dial in some control of your launch rpm, mostly to calm a car down if it's leaving on too much power and also to give you the ability to be consistent.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the responses