Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with lockup converters, does yours lockup in the back 1/2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Guys with lockup converters, does yours lockup in the back 1/2?

WHen my car ran the 11.20 the converter was not locking on the street or track. I fixed some wiring, it now locks up at 95 mph under full throttle, I have not been back to the track but on the street when it locks, it pulls the motor down for a nano second then that beotch feels like you sprayed it!! It goes to hauling ***!

Will it slow it down at the track? And if it will, how do I disable it for the track?

BTW this is a 94 LT1 car.

David
Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My factory 94 Formula PCM was programmed to lockup in 3rd at 93 MPH. I have raced with it functional and disconnected and the ET and MPH has always been the same. However, I disconnect the lockup while at the strip to save wear and tear on the clutch converter. Disconnecting it is easy to do. There is a switch on the brake pedal under the dash whose sole purpose is to report to the PCM whether or not the brake pedal is depressed. The PCM unlocks the clutch(or prevents it from engaging) if you're pressing on the brake. Unplug the switch(its the small one) and the clutch won't engage. If you're so inclined.

Quick Reply: Guys with lockup converters, does yours lockup in the back 1/2?