Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indiana Drag Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 03:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Indiana Drag Tracks

Looking for 1/4 mile tracks near South Bend Indiana (like within 3 hours or so).

Can anybody help me out???
Old 06-24-2003, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Indiana Drag Tracks

you moving to south bend?
Old 06-24-2003, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sure US41 is not that far from there.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:49 PM
8 Second Club

no, not moving there (for good, anyway)......going back to school (University of Notre Dame) to finish up my last year in August. I have an apartment so I am bringing the car up and storing it inside. Ive made enough cash working my *** off to pay for storage.

What better way to cap off my last year at college than with a few races. I figure that I've worked my *** off until now in the engineering program so I deserve to have a little fun for my last year.

I'm told that college is suppposed to be for having a good time.....unfortunately our engineering program keeps me from getting out very much. This year, I hope to have enough free time to hit up the drags every weekend

If you know of any good tracks around or of any good local f-body clubs or events, I'd love to know!

Thanks,
Conrad
Old 06-24-2003, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm from Indiana originally but I've only been to Muncie and IRP. I found these here: http://www.fbody.com/tracks/

Bunker Hill Dragstrip (about two hours from SB): http://www.bunkerhillrace.com/mapmtl.html

Muncie Dragway (about three hours from SB)

Indianapolis Raceway Park (home of the US Nationals - I'll be there spectating ) (about three hours from SB): http://www.irponline.com/

US41 Dragway: about two hours from SB
Old 06-24-2003, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Muncie dragway would be about 3 hours from you, that is where i race most of the time. It is a ok track but the prep sucks most of the time, they have no tech i think you could run 9's without a cage. Once a month on friday night they have the street legal drags wich is pretty fun you can bring beer and they have a bikini contest (usually alot of flesh ) but there is usually alot of ricers to. If you ever want to go shoot me a e-mail at ngarrett00@yahoo.com i am usually there alot in the summer.

Nathan
Old 06-24-2003, 08:21 PM
8 Second Club

Thanks for the replies guys.....

F.A.T Performance 01: I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get up there. I'd like to meet some f body guys up there...

If anybody has any info on clubs as well, just let me know

Thanks again,
Conrad

Old 06-24-2003, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i live about a mile from Notre Dame. just off cleveland between ironwood and juniper. we should meet up sometime. i work on several 4th gens in the area, and have about 10 buddys with pretty quick LT1 and LS1 cars, and know several other local guys with fast 4th gens.

the closest track is Osceola Dragway which is about 20 minutes from ND, but i dont like it much there. me and a few of my buddys usually go to US41, which is about 2 hours. also within 3 hours are RT66, IRP, GLD, Martin, and Muncie (ill be there in a week or two). about 3.5 hours away are Byron and Stanton. sounds like your car is nearly identical to a buddy of mine named Dan from Niles. we just made a trip to US41 last sat night.

anyways, shoot me an email if you want to meet up with some of the local LT1/LS1 guys sometime. we dont have a club or really do any cruises etc, but are all buddys and hang out and make some track trips together etc. im a member of the MFBA (mfba.org) but its pretty much a chicago area based club. its fun to hit some of thier track rentals/shootouts/dyno days though.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

agreed.

There are a lot of MFBA guys that like 66, GLD, and 41.

Ill will be back at Purdue come august, so we will have to meet up some time. I will most likely be at the ND v. PU game too. Ill drop you a line when that time comes around

Louis